340 exhaust heat shield needed for Van's to repop.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

abodyjoe

Reaction score
looks like Vans automotive is looking to repop them. just saw this on Facebook.

"ISO a sample 340 Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield that Chrysler discontinued, we would like to reproduce it. P/N 2946105

If you have one you would like to sell contact us at 920-324-2481"

FB_IMG_1713289138637.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-16-13-39-42-66_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

I'm sure someone here will show you their hoard that they aren't selling for less than $800 ea

I'm sure someone here will show you their hoard that they aren't selling for less than $800 ea
I have an old 340 in a 67 Barracuda I haven't opened the hood on for years. I'm not going to use the engine. I will l have to check it out after work for the gaskets.

looks like Vans automotive is looking to repop them. just saw this on Facebook.

"ISO a sample 340 Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield that Chrysler discontinued, we would like to reproduce it. P/N 2946105

If you have one you would like to sell contact us at 920-324-2481"

View attachment 1716237459

View attachment 1716237460
As you know, this has been a tough one to find for years.
Don't be surprised if vans reproduces it, and charges $300+ for the dam thing.

These are desperately needed, and Van's is just the place to do it. Solid Mopar people who repop a LOT of quality parts- and their prices stay reasonable.
If I had a new one, I would sell it to them in a heartbeat- but all I've got at the moment is used ones, and some of them aren't very pretty.

This is what I was saying a long time ago about creating a demand for something. I hope that they do repo the part but not at a outrageous price. It's best to spread the cost of reproducing over a long period of time rather than try to recoup the investment all at once. If the part is listed at the prices shown I think that it possibly could kill the market for it.

It all depends how much the trim and stamping dies cost. Cheaper from China but still spendy. I would imagine $10,000 each.

In all reality it's really a novelty for a select number of cars.
I wonder how the demand will be as most 340 cars have headers. I would like to see more reproduction interior parts for the '73-'74 duster and dart sport. It's awesome that someone is taking interest in reproducing parts for mooars as mopars are seriously lacking in availability of replacement parts. You can pretty much rebuild a mustang, nova.

I wonder how the demand will be as most 340 cars have headers. I would like to see more reproduction interior parts for the '73-'74 duster and dart sport. It's awesome that someone is taking interest in reproducing parts for mooars as mopars are seriously lacking in availability of replacement parts. You can pretty much rebuild a mustang, nova.
So you have a Duster or a Dart Sport?

So you have a Duster or a Dart Sport?
I wish. The main reason that I don't is the lacking of available replacement parts. I had a 74 duster when I was younger and I had a 73 dart swinger that was a nightmare for interior parts. We never could get a headliner that would fit so I had the shop put the old one back in. This is the same car that some low life stolen the tail lights off of it as well as some other things.

Maybe I should sell my cars…. That way it will eliminate me being in any accidents/collisions, which in turn would reduce my insurance costs, reduce my fuel bill, reduce wear and tear items and also eliminate me needing to find replacement parts for anything!!

Oh and that’s not even factoring in the terrible safety (lack thereof) measures in these old cars…..

I was just reading the thread that Joe posted, and someone from Detroit Muscle Technologies was telling Van's that a guy who used to work at Roseville but is now at Mancini's has been working on a reproduction.
Is that clear enough? :p

Last edited:
If I was doing an accurate restoration, I would GLADLY pay $300 for a part that is otherwise unobtainable. Sometimes people really crack me up. They ***** and complain because certain parts are not being repopped. Then, when a company drops a fortune on making the part, and charges an appropriate amount so as to recoup its investment, they complain about the cost. I don't think people realize how expensive it is to bring a new part to market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back