340 first start

-

19scamp72

Reaction score
Yay fnally got it running broke in cam today! Sounds pretty mean!

Heres a video
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbz0TvE5aLY[/ame]

Congrats! You definitely got the "chop". What Thumper did you use? What's the idle speed in the video? I'm personally not a fan of a real low idle, but that's just me.

Don't be afraid to play with your initial timing as you get her tuned in. Depending on your combo, you'll probably be able to push it a little more and get some good drivability out of it.

'tis the season for '72 340 Scamps! We just got my brother's Scamp cranked up on Thursday! Congrats, sounds good!

Lol yah yah bad video was running around was to.excited! Idle speed was just over 1 at idle still needs little adjustments, i have a friend setting it all up for me timing etc. I used the comp "THUMPR" cam. I ordered tti exhaust cost me a fortune and it still needs modification to put on pretty upset. They supplied with the super turbo mufflers they seem quiet..

Ask him how much initial timing he plans to set it up with. If he says he's going to total time it, don't have him do anything would be my suggestion.

Read up on setting timing on a car, there are a bazzilion threads on this board alone.

I think hes setting at 5 degrees initial timing. It's at 10 degree now runs good it seems I'm new to timing was not my generation lol

Cool! Makes me want to go out to the garage and start up my Dart!

Fire it up! Was a good feeling hearing it for the first time my dad always talked about his 67 cuda 340 swore by the 340. He passed away to cancer and i decided to sell my lousy chevy and build a mopar like we had planned. Hes hanging from rear veiw mirror :)

Sounds great! Love those Thumper Cams. Yours idles like a top fueler. If you're only at 10° it will probably like 15-20 then tune from there. tmm

-
Back