Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Hope they crash into each other ?

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if some hillbilly slapped together Some budget cheap 410 Stroker with Stock Smog heads if it would have a chance against a 340 x block with a genius Machinist working on it?

Top end makes the power (cam, carb, heads, bore, CR etc...) bottom end (cubic inch) decide on where that power is made (powerband and peaks).

Top end makes the power (cam, carb, heads, bore, CR etc...) bottom end (cubic inch) decide on where that power is made (powerband and peaks).

Very eloquently put there Sir. Bravo.:thumbsup:

410....Depending on some things like headwork and cam choice.....2nd through 4th will rev into 6800/7000 if this hillbilly is with his wits...
so will a 340......

Now you tell me ,again, what wins races and what sells cars...........

410....Depending on some things like headwork and cam choice.....2nd through 4th will rev into 6800/7000 if this hillbilly is with his wits...
so will a 340......

Now you tell me ,again, what wins races and what sells cars...........
Win on Sunday sell on Monday. THAT sells cars. I remember by dad used to say that a LOT when referring to mopars...

I know exactly the question being asked :D
Will J par beat Yellow Rose?
:rofl:

FWIW! My wife's Durango is faster than your wife's Durango.

FWIW??
Then it's settled our wives will race the Durangos for that title and we'll race the a body 4-speeds ?
And of course you'll have home track advantage and the advantage of me posting every single last nut and bolt and time slip and color of underwear I use when I race the car.

Where ? The Durango is only good for pulling a car flat land. I can't pull the car over Mount Hood to Madras or something like that. And if I'm going way up in to Washington or something I'm pulling out the motor home or something like that spend the night and make a weekend of it. I know PIR is close and cheap I don't know why you have to make things difficult but whatever we would be at the same disadvantages of the crappy track but at the great advantage of it being close and affordable

Where ? The Durango is only good for pulling a car flat land. I can't pull the car over Mount Hood to Madras or something like that. And if I'm going way up in to Washington or something I'm pulling out the motor home or something like that spend the night and make a weekend of it. I know PIR is close and cheap I don't know why you have to make things difficult but whatever we would be at the same disadvantages of the crappy track but at the great advantage of it being close and affordable

Because even though I have made hundreds and hundreds of runs at Delta Park I freaking hate Portland. I get a rash when I get near multnomah county. I throw up in my mouth when I hit Troutdale.

If you came my way, we'd have the exact same number of runs down my track. Zero.

I still have to get the two step hooked up and an alignment. Last time I made an appointment to get the alignment done, it snowed for 3 weeks.

I know the feeling it wasn't until I was on the other side of Baker City last week that I started feeling like I was at home. I'm not a big fan of Multnomah County much myself anymore but it is what it is for now, the hillbilly needs his Hills you know!
Because even though I have made hundreds and hundreds of runs at Delta Park I freaking hate Portland. I get a rash when I get near multnomah county. I throw up in my mouth when I hit Troutdale.

If you came my way, we'd have the exact same number of runs down my track. Zero.

I still have to get the two step hooked up and an alignment. Last time I made an appointment to get the alignment done, it snowed for 3 weeks.

This is last Sunday - you can't get much more in the hills in Oregon in the winter then here...
20170219_150424-1.jpg

What's the problem??? Stud your slicks.............................

What's the problem??? Stud your slicks.............................

Ya mean....

Like that?

Ice drags are cool. Never seen them in person myself. Did used to work with sprint cars. Now they are a HOOT on the ice.

As for 410 v 340? Built the same they will make (pretty close) to the same horse. 410 just makes it lower and with more torque. So I would think a 340 with more into it (cam, heads/head work, compression, etc) will win the day. But I got a 340 in my car so maybe I'm biased.

That's akin to asking which is faster - the blue one or the orange one. The right builder will accomplish whatever you want. The wrong builder will cost a lot of time, emotion, and money and unless they get lucky never deliver what you want.

-
Back