Not open for further replies.

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
hey guys
the covers on the plow truck are leaking, which in part im chalking up to the cheapo stamped steel valve covers

does anyone have a nice and affordable set of cast aluminum 351W valve covers kicking around?

these take 6 bolts

ENGBLACKVALCOV.JPG

I don't have any, or you'd have them. Tell you what I would do. Look for a pair of the "POWER BY FORD" small block valve covers.......original Ford ones.They are nice and thick, plus they look cool. Don't get the aftermarket ones. They suck.

I think I've seen a set of those on eBay, but the opening bid was 129.00 (they do look nice though)
I only paid 40 for the Holley valve covers on my duster...and That's a mopar

It's funny, I'm on a couple of ford owner support group websites, because of the bronco, but I haven't found a ford community anything like fabo

Can't find anything on my local craigslist let her

Last edited:
I have a set of these on a 351w 86 mustang I'm parting out. I'll send em your way, 35 shipped. Not cast, but cheap. If you need any other 351 parts let me know. I want to get rid of this car soon.

20171019_195432.jpg

20171019_195428.jpg

Inside curveball on 5.0 Mustang mid - late 80's. Same sweet aluminum valve covers , without the name . F.I ' 87 up , if I recall correctly ( trucks ,may have the same products) J.Y... , my opine.

download (2).jpeg

They interchange, been there done that.
Ok gotcha, I thought you were saying this car was a 5.0. Was kind of a confusing post you wrote up. Yeah most everything is the same between the two. Except the deck height, balancer, stroke, and intake. Exhaust manifolds are a little diffweent as well, but you are correct, bolt pattern for valve covers are same.

Ok gotcha, I thought you were saying this car was a 5.0. Was kind of a confusing post you wrote up. Yeah most everything is the same between the two. Except the deck height, balancer, stroke, and intake. Exhaust manifolds are a little diffweent as well, but you are correct, bolt pattern for valve covers are same.
That's cool , fix the silly thing ...
I can't imagine the heat contractions, between heated engine at 180-220 Fahrenheit, and below 32 degrees, of such .
Yeah, stiffer valve covers ,and some '94 -'98 5.0 Explorer silicone blue gaskets, would seal it nicely. Just ,personal opine.

I'm not fixing this mustang. I bought it cheap off of a friend, plan to sell the drivetrain, exhaust, gt hatch and bumpers. Off to the scrap yard it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back