392 Hemi & firewall

-

JGC403

Reaction score
What is on the back of the 392 Hemi that would interfere with the firewall? Are all the exterior dimensions the same between the 5.7/6.1/6.4? I have been looking through all of the Hemi build threads looking for 392 build specifically. I had seen someone mention the 392 interfered with the firewall. But couldn't find specifics. Is it actually the engine or is it the transmission that hits the firewall?

I had to modify the wiper motor area for the back of the intake.Mine is a stock 2013 intake from a Challenger.Relocated my wipers to the inside and used a neon wiper motor.As far as transmission goes just depends what you are running.Mine is a 6 speed manual and i had to fab a new tunnel.

IMG_0981.JPG

The VVT on the back of the intake manifold interferes with the wiper motor. Like 69Dartguy I used a Neon wiper motor but I also moved the firewall back 3 inches. I installed a 545RFE so a new tune; was needed well.

The VVT on the back of the intake manifold interferes with the wiper motor. Like 69Dartguy I used a Neon wiper motor but I also moved the firewall back 3 inches. I installed a 545RFE so a new tune; was needed well.
Should read "so a new tunnel was needed as well". I hate the spell check/correct feature

I've got a 6.1L and the wiper motor would not fit either. Used a Neon wiper motor and needed a new tunnel for a T56.

Riddler

I've got a 6.1L and the wiper motor would not fit either. Used a Neon wiper motor and needed a new tunnel for a T56.

Riddler
Riddler, any way you can post some pics? I tried your link, However, it doesn't show up...

Riddler, any way you can post some pics? I tried your link, However, it doesn't show up...
I'll do my best but a lot of my pics got wiped out by a server crash. I'll check my computer and post back. Might be tomorrow as I'm just leaving for a 12 hr shift.

Riddler

671, Don't know if this will help but here is a picture of the Neon wiper motor mounted on the inside of the firewall in my Dart. I would guess riddler's is somewhat the same.

IMG_0677.jpg

Last edited:
Those hood hinges are really nice! But I had that same setup 4 years ago. I used 90lbs springs and it held the hood open but wouldn't open it under it's own power. It'll work but you might need to clearance the fenders in that area.

I might just go back and finish what I was doing with mine...

Riddler

-
Back