408 Build- Guess the HP/TQ (Dyno Results in 3 weeks)

-
I don't yet but I was considering them. It's mainly going to be a street vehicle but I suppose it only takes one time to tweak something on a hard launch. Especially with a fairly sticky and large 28x12.5 MT ET Street SS's.
Even if you don't race you should put them in. Stiffens the car up and improves handling. I think it's the best bang for the buck I've done to my car.

My guess is 450 500. Very similar build to mine in the valiant. And yes, I have weld in frame connectors. Interested in your dyno results. I have not done mine.

485hp/505lbs-ft

Looks like you were the closest! Final numbers came in at 485 hp and 511 ft/lbs torque. I haven't picked it up yet but once I do I'll put up the dyno chart etc. Hopefully I can get it up before I leave on my trip for 3 weeks. If not I'll post it up once I get back!

Looks like you were the closest! Final numbers came in at 485 hp and 511 ft/lbs torque. I haven't picked it up yet but once I do I'll put up the dyno chart etc. Hopefully I can get it up before I leave on my trip for 3 weeks. If not I'll post it up once I get back!
Sounds like an awesome engine that will provide huge amounts of enjoyment! Congratulations!

I finalize at;
490ft.lbs. @ 4000 / 440hp @ 5500
Damn it! I wanted to revise these again.
(Poking joke at YR!)
Excellent! Congrats and enjoy!

Picked up the motor today! Man does it look good. Still wrapped up from me transporting so no pictures of the engine. Here's a quick picture of the dyno sheet. I think porting these ede heads will really help it at the higher rpm.

20180119_160318.jpg

20180119_160324.jpg

Nice! Good flowing heads are key. They help make the cam shine nicely!

Plenty power & torque for the street ! Very nice

mbers think it will make. I know the biggest bottleneck is likely going to be the heads but I just ran out of money so I'll have to wait until next year to have Hughes port and polish the heads
I think porting these ede heads will really help it at the higher rpm.
Dwayne Porter or Modernengines who have a CNC program.

OP's motor as is in my car would run 10.86; I would have to spend the money on a cage or throttle stop.
10:80’s? Yea baby! That’ll make a nice street car.
He had said earlier that he felt the heads were a bottleneck and while that maybe true, the engine still made some really nice street power numbers.
Ridiculous torque at low rpm that just goes up from there.

I'd love to run 10's on a street car! Traction shouldn't be an issue hopefully with my 28x 12.5 drag radials.

Great numbers for unported heads, and it might like an 850 carb. All in all, ought to be a blast to drive.

-
Back