440 /super charger add on ?

-
Ok , lets start with your converter . What stall do you have ? We used a 3000 rpm stall that set up tight . It would allow the motor idle at 750 rpm and move it with out much slippage at 60 mph , this was about 3000 rpm . The rear gearing was 4:10 with 32 inch tall tires . Did you change to colder plugs in the motor ? The Hemi in the cuda has a boss hogg converter with 2400 - 2800 stall with a anti ballooning plate in it , rear gears will be 3:73 with 32 tall tires , this should get me about 72 mph at 3000 rpm . What is your set up in your car ?

so I have be getting used to the blower...got most of the bugs worked I couldn't be happier,its what I wanted...the only issue I see is that the belt hangs over the top pulley about a 1/16 of an inch...bottom is even with the edge of the lower pulley. not sure of a fix...

What style idler pulley? If it's a swing arm, loosen it and move it back. You might not get it perfectly centered on the pulleys (doesn't have to be) but should be able to get it pretty close.

If, on the other hand, the belt is at opposite edges of each pulley then you may need to add or remove spacers under a pulley to bring them into better alignment. Within 1/4" alignment is okay.

The important thing is not to over-tighten the belt. They should actually be pretty loose when cold.

Last edited:
Thanks thanks you were dead on... That fixed it..another question when I got the setup it came with two carter compitition series noticed that the acc pump rods are on the last hole on the arm to have full stroke. Is that good

Ok , lets start with your converter . What stall do you have ? We used a 3000 rpm stall that set up tight . It would allow the motor idle at 750 rpm and move it with out much slippage at 60 mph , this was about 3000 rpm . The rear gearing was 4:10 with 32 inch tall tires . Did you change to colder plugs in the motor ? The Hemi in the cuda has a boss hogg converter with 2400 - 2800 stall with a anti ballooning plate in it , rear gears will be 3:73 with 32 tall tires , this should get me about 72 mph at 3000 rpm . What is your set up in your car ?
I have the same stall, and 4:10 gears... I beleaive the rear tires are 265s have not went to colder plugs

-
Back