6.1 help!

-

hemisedan

Reaction score
Just scored a long. Lock 6.1 and am curious if the 6.4 bottom end will work, or has anyone attempted this? My short block has a couple of spun bearings so I'm thinking that I need a couple of rods and a crank. So, why not bring this thing up to 392 the Chrysler way. Doing a 6.4 crank and rods, and forged pistons and a 10-1 compression ratio to be able to use 91 octane gas. Has anyone done the 6.4 this way, with a 6.1 block? I don't want to go out to the 426 number, or with the 4.05 crank, I don't like stretching out the stroke that far. What's the thought from those that may have gone this route.

Also, I'd like some thoughts on intake systems. This will be a high performance street driven Dart, so I'm not looking exotic, but really like the look of the Indy dual throttle body look. Open to thoughts here too.

The crank is different. The snout of the crank specifically. You can buy aftermarket cranks for about $800. There is abolsutely nothing wrong with going to a 4.05 stroke or 4.08.......hell there are 4.2 stroke cranks out there. If you want a good combo try the 3.9 stroke. At a 4.07 bore it makes a 406 which is a great motor. 3.9 stroke makes it so you dont have to cut back the oil squirters or remove them all together

[QUOTE="lxmodguy If you want a good combo try the 3.9 stroke. At a 4.07 bore it makes a 406 which is a great motor. 3.9 stroke makes it so you dont have to cut back the oil squirters or remove them all together[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I've thought about that 3.90 stroke, and that 406 number looks kind of good. But isn't that a Ford number from 1962? I've checked with Molnar Rods and they put together a pretty good striker setup with the 3,90 crank. We'll see.

[QUOTE="lxmodguy If you want a good combo try the 3.9 stroke. At a 4.07 bore it makes a 406 which is a great motor. 3.9 stroke makes it so you dont have to cut back the oil squirters or remove them all together

Thanks for the input. I've thought about that 3.90 stroke, and that 406 number looks kind of good. But isn't that a Ford number from 1962? I've checked with Molnar Rods and they put together a pretty good striker setup with the 3,90 crank. We'll see.[/QUOTE]
its a great combo. i cant get one built for you if you want. if you are serious about one let me know

Not exactly right now, but I definitely will be doing a forged stroked 6.1. I've got the long block, just wanting something different for the intake, and some extra power for this beast.

Not exactly right now, but I definitely will be doing a forged stroked 6.1. I've got the long block, just wanting something different for the intake, and some extra power for this beast.
Something custom??

IMG_0863.JPG

Indy has an interesting FI unit that attaches to the ModMan intake that they sell. I've thought about the dual FAST throttle bodies on that intake, but they have a really clean looking unit, but I have no idea as to what the price it at. Another option is the SixPak throttle bodies too, same think on their ModMan intake.

Indy has an interesting FI unit that attaches to the ModMan intake that they sell. I've thought about the dual FAST throttle bodies on that intake, but they have a really clean looking unit, but I have no idea as to what the price it at. Another option is the SixPak throttle bodies too, same think on their ModMan intake.
Efi mod man is about $900 by the time you get the top. The six pack setup is about 3k

-
Back