64 Dart GT convertible top installation help

-

Jimatamericanpride

Reaction score
Hope I can get some help or pictures of the installation of the convertible top mounting between rear window and quarter panel where and how its supposed to attach to body along molding. any pictures of this area. we have a robins top and did not have the original top on it when we got it to our shop.

20171213_113407.jpg

20171213_113413.jpg

My 65 FSM has a complete step by step of how to install a replacement convertible top. I'm sure the 64 manual is the same. You might be able to download the manual at MyMopars.com.

Hope I can get some help or pictures of the installation of the convertible top mounting between rear window and quarter panel where and how its supposed to attach to body along molding. any pictures of this area. we have a robins top and did not have the original top on it when we got it to our shop.

View attachment 1715120434

View attachment 1715120435

I do know that you have to NOT screw this section into the trim on the outside. or it will do what the second picture did. that has to stretch when the top goes down or it will tear the top
convertible top install01.jpg

it goes in between the well liner and quarter panel metal (or even in the well liner to help with water control.) I have seen it both ways. fender/quarter panel drains and rocker panel drains have to be clear if it is in between the well liner and the metal panel. (painted if possible to help with rust prevention.)
like this one did(yeah it was an old top, but it ripped because they screwed it into the trim to make it look good)
tackstrip small.jpg

You factory service manual should have install instructions.

-
Back