[WANTED] 65-66 a body 6cyl tranmission 4 speed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that the earlier 4 speeds (I believe) have the flange output and use a ball and trunnion driveshaft....not the hot ticket for performance IMO....

that is true, but if you have another (slip-spline)parts trans you can swap the guts, so you can have your gearing and slip yoke, too.

I believe I have a 4 spd of a 65 or 66 a body. Don't think it's for a 6 cylinder probably big block. But if you are interested let me know in a message and I can send you the numbers on it

I believe I have a 4 spd of a 65 or 66 a body. Don't think it's for a 6 cylinder probably big block. But if you are interested let me know in a message and I can send you the numbers on it

To the best of my knowledge the first big block a bodies were the 67 383 darts and barracudas......your trans, if earlier than 67 would be from a 6 cyl or 273.

To the best of my knowledge the first big block a bodies were the 67 383 darts and barracudas......your trans, if earlier than 67 would be from a 6 cyl or 273.
I'm not too familiar with a bodies mostly just b and e bodies. But here are the numbers. Selling the trans if anyone is interested
C-95658-L
C 95639U
Will ship but buyer pays shipping.

I'm not too familiar with a bodies mostly just b and e bodies. But here are the numbers. Selling the trans if anyone is interested
C-95658-L
C 95639U
Will ship but buyer pays shipping.
Also has crossmember already bolted on and bellhousing bolted on.

Any pictures? Is the bellhousing cast iron or aluminum? Does it have a fixed flange on the output or is it a modern slip yoke style?

Any pictures? Is the bellhousing cast iron or aluminum? Does it have a fixed flange on the output or is it a modern slip yoke style?
I think it's a cast iron bellhousing and I'm not sure on the last part. I'll send pics tomorrow.

I think it's a cast iron bellhousing and I'm not sure on the last part. I'll send pics tomorrow.

IMG_3773.JPG

IMG_3774.JPG

IMG_3775.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back