65 Barracuda daily driver

-
I can imagine you are excited to get those on. I'm curious about how it will see.

Like I mentioned I also started on the front seats. I wanted to save some money, so I ordered the seat covers and foam through Jegs from PUI. I'm sure Legendary's covers are better, but they are also much more expensive. I did get the installation kit from Legendary, because PUI does not offer one. Legendary actually also has a youtube channel that has a bunch of videos showing you how to do it. I'd say it's nearly impossible to do without. I had no idea how difficult this is. I also ran out of hog rings and they are hard to come by. I couldn't find a local store that carries them, so I had to order them online and now I'm waiting for them to arrive.

By the way, I noticed (when the seats were still in the car) that the passenger seat would always flip forward when you stepped on the brakes. Now I found the reason. There's this S-shaped spring in the hinge, which was broken and it fell out when I took the seat apart. Luckily someone in a Barracuda Facebook group had a spare from his parts car and mailed it to me. Sadly it has not arrived yet and I hope it didn't get lost.

C3WRphRqnaEUpOiuBGirAaQzdEG1zSalSZCC-2Ct7-ibqD4PTFsGlIxNrBuvKOcdr5t_KkHJpd7aP6bp0=w1375-h1031-no.jpg

Some progress pics:

7AV9LHx9bmhAjQrzZxqomJ1J4uU7OxyGg8YLpFNv60CVhqngZSuGjL2inFtCjqb_yP_0ZJJw63JhdWm35-=w774-h1031-no.jpg

Wl_K_nBU_sARf5gns3dXsyc7OYSgBJlp6c49kqxkZqmMY24liVn2d2DKyu-Z-2Tx44EmtRLAI8KyRkW7Y=w1375-h1031-no.jpg

1tCVOyAhmI2TeY_kskwL2jpWaWWIHxTDBaCwjwqKLAwKkTrV6k5S0CaBdISwcLjQ0k6D6t9lqXlmCsWt4B=w774-h1031-no.jpg

uJWvy6vSd0Csa2FXD9-schzDOpASbNccJ8exfUwxTY2JaZbCB4xkiRZjL2GA7_Qyzhybs-4ohCcOR9_sBI=w774-h1031-no.jpg

I did mine and feel your pain!!! Yep, I used a ship load of those hog rings!! IIRC I watched videos on the PUI website for ideas.

Another little thing I did. Some how the M on the deck lid was sitting higher than the other letters. I had another set of letters and in fact the M had different mounting studs. Is it possible they changed the letters from 65 to 66? Or maybe it was from another random Plymouth? Anyways, I installed the M that came with this deck lid and now they are all in one line. Haven't taken a picture yet, though.

VKcBAjFayvqSwkfCltdqTjQtIKxkw5hP-IG0uq0DMimkfKyFDGG4WoCFuSmsxrr-nUXB5YOxSqA_8hNOA=w1441-h1080-no.jpg

tVt4sRFXUqEHijg0hFWTz18rgqgoL_cxrrp3nWM5oSe5GBLUP6FVfnrWlh9NhW7zz0fvchUJCg=w1681-h1080-no.jpg

I dropped Salma off at the shop yesterday to finally get the leaf springs (6-leaf stock height from ESPO) installed. Also new rear shocks and new tie rod ends and sleeves. This is hopefully the last bit of suspension work. He said it'll be done by the end of today.

yY6f67U03iIXTdTalewZUx36nHuf7utDZJ5REaVGY-3X_iujzAeTUiE-jvJRLYja0TJ3H8Rhh9qErQC9es=w807-h1076-no.jpg

That's awesome. Look forward to seeing the new pictures

New leaf springs!

Before:
iNJCKRbZv4Y2Qgs4fwCx41qtCGRwTNfcN9N8xPdij-LZZBQeQ5aStUybJ-GGVlx1kB_VzldlRpIGmCT-Z=w1435-h1076-no.jpg

After:
OA0Zd2htWW2CXmICf_H3xpPTgVnn3vxPIYKYGdEA52kQXYfDF3VBkdtAfT3vyTesCSqeYe0Jl-vv4Ro1Y=w1435-h1076-no.jpg

What a difference! I'm sure they're gonna settle a little bit, but now it's obvious how bad the old ones were.

I haven't really had a chance to test it, because there was too much traffic, but I might go on Mulholland tomorrow and see how it handles!

Drove around a bit last night after the traffic died down. It handles so much better! It's also quite noticeable how much higher it sits when you get out if the car. My foot was searching for the ground, haha.

I finally got the seat finished and installed! They're not perfect and I realized how difficult it is to cut the foam and hog-ringing the covers to the frames. But at least I did it myself.
The threads of the bolts that attach the seat to the rails were messed up, so I was trying to find new ones. I found some carriage bolts at home depot, but they didn't fit, so I had to cut them to fit with my dremel. One step closer...

oNBbm7YT5RPaOq6lD_3QraXrB19Ju0IVzSutMPkZihUw5CxGwQvC9A1oEoPrp72G9aAjDXZK9t4UxnUhkI=w810-h1080-no.jpg

nDhsAebs3dQK2hMreIOhW4qM2QoIQRb4E5wMdjLsaXH8JavWA06x-Q0NKbly_26Gbt7A8olzpjl83ihuZ=w1440-h1080-no.jpg

Thanks- I don't know about short time (I started about 3 years ago), but it's sure been a long way... I believe this picture is from November 2015:

1eLGB7rOTWCcALO_Ky02J3-P3zb2mrt8ciAY2mJMFk7i92yLNgAL_u7CS-ZSrKv2-q5X5DS8xHlVy4ror=w1440-h1080-no.jpg

Yeah, time does fly. I picked the car up from paint almost a year ago... The interior is very close to being done. I still need to install the painted metal trim around the side windows (top and rear). Also, now the back seat looks pretty sad in comparison to the new seats, so I'll spray it with the same paint that I used on the door panels. It's not recommended, because it will eventually wear off, but it's not that often that someone even sits in the back. I wouldn't use it on a driver seat.
Then I also want to make the trunk and engine compartment a little nicer.

Yeah, time does fly. I picked the car up from paint almost a year ago... The interior is very close to being done. I still need to install the painted metal trim around the side windows (top and rear). Also, now the back seat looks pretty sad in comparison to the new seats, so I'll spray it with the same paint that I used on the door panels. It's not recommended, because it will eventually wear off, but it's not that often that someone even sits in the back. I wouldn't use it on a driver seat.
Then I also want to make the trunk and engine compartment a little nicer.
Awesome !

Gut. I speak Pennsylvania Dutch so I can pick up a little bit of German here n there.

Btw, I just read through your whole thread this evening and I am impressed!! The car looks fantastic!!

Haha, for a long time I thought Pennsylvania Dutch meant Dutch like they speak in the Netherlands, but then I figured out that it means "Deutsch" = German. And thanks, it's been a lot of hard work, but it's finally getting there!

Haha, for a long time I thought Pennsylvania Dutch meant Dutch like they speak in the Netherlands, but then I figured out that it means "Deutsch" = German. And thanks, it's been a lot of hard work, but it's finally getting there!
Yea it's closer to German than actual Dutch.

-
Back