65 Dart GT Restoration Looks like work run.

-

Lee Smith

Reaction score
Wow I live on the West Coast I bought this car from a shirt tail relation.We did a cosmetic eye washing when I bought it and sombody had already done the major work to the car and it had a cover coat of paint which I thought was odd at the time we were still sanding and fixing little spots on the out side that has been about six years and the last two with out driving the car to top it off it was not covered in any way. I finely started to get ambitious and put a ne gas tank and carb in the car and the old 225 fired rite up the reason it was parked the gas tank seamed to have a endless supply of dirt which left me on the side of the road several times blowing out the filter and getting it to run again. I replaced starter alt put electronic ignition in a new rear end and brand new duel exhaust then I bought a new bumper to bumper wiring harness I stared to install it and just couldnt do it I had to do the full body make over that 2 years out in the weather took its tole and in a big way it rains al0t here and close to the Pacific Ocean another 2 years and it would be a pile of rust in the drive way I crammed 6 mounts of work into 2 and I am gad to say its 85 % done and will be 100 % at he end of this week what a job and well worth it.

That's a lot of work, wish I could say I'm doing that much. The rain is coming but it's not here yet so enjoy and good luck with the last 15 percent!

They're never done...Trust me.

Picture 695.jpg

Thank you its a lot of work but the rewards that come with the job are the best self discipline to keep your brain sharp with these old cars sometimes you have to get a little creative lol.

Hi Lee,

I just got a 65 Dart GT and it needs wires front to back. Did you get a harness made for the car or a universal harness? Thanks, Jim

Hi Lee,

I just got a 65 Dart GT and it needs wires front to back. Did you get a harness made for the car or a universal harness? Thanks, Jim
Good day to you . I ended up finding a universale harness on e
Hi Lee,

I ended up with a 21 circuit universal harness from EZ wiring from ebay and it worked out good all the wires are clearly marked and the wire gage more than sufficient I also purchased a universal keyless tilt steering column that has worked out nice.

Good day to you . I ended up finding a universale harness on e

I ended up with a 21 circuit universal harness from EZ wiring from ebay and it worked out good all the wires are clearly marked and the wire gage more than sufficient I also purchased a universal keyless tilt steering column that has worked out nice.

Thanks Lee. I thought there was a company that made repro harnesses for specific cars but that was 20-30 years ago.... I guess the universal will be the way to go. I wasn't sure how many circuits to get - did you need all 21? That sounds like the best bet just to be sure there are enough. Jim

It
Thanks Lee. I thought there was a company that made repro harnesses for specific cars but that was 20-30 years ago.... I guess the universal will be the way to go. I wasn't sure how many circuits to get - did you need all 21? That sounds like the best bet just to be sure there are enough. Jim[/QUOTE No I didn't use all 0f them. 21 circuit is plenty I wanted the extra for up grades in the future you could use a lesser circuit a 12 would work but like I said the 21 gives you the option for any upgrades you could ever want

-
Back