66 Barracuda map light location help

-

searcher1990

Reaction score
I have posted this before and got the same answer (Under the glove box) but no picture of one installed. I cannot for the life of me figure out how it mounts. I appreciate all or any help on this. thanks

Here are a few pics of mine. Not the greatest but gives you an idea. Also a '66.
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG

my 65 has it central, right in front of the forward duct hose: fastened to the lower lip of the dash with a sheet metal (ground) screw. Disregard temporary stereo install, that ****'s coming out when I get a little room to open the door.
20170908_164425.jpg
20170908_164545.jpg

looking at the pics, I believe its the same place as Rustyfish: just left of plenum box.

Mine has it under there as well. It's just right of the ash tray, Do you have the bracket that is pictured withit,??. Also, It's wired in with the curtesy lights, and light switch dimmer. Look for a screw hole on the bottom lip of the dash frame, thiers only one mount screw.
barracudadave67

Yep, same circuit at the courtesy. I never gave it a second thought because it's always been there.

Mine has it under there as well. It's just right of the ash tray, Do you have the bracket that is pictured withit,??. Also, It's wired in with the curtesy lights, and light switch dimmer. Look for a screw hole on the bottom lip of the dash frame, thiers only one mount screw.
barracudadave67

Yes I have bracket. Thanks. I will get it in and wired!

Cool, that's the first metal one I've seen....I just played a little bit with a 69 Cuda one and it's in that same location and plastic with a switch also on the driverside.....does your guy's have a switch or does it work with the dome light switch?

Interesting.....by the looks of the 69 wiring diagram it wouldn't be hard to wire up with the switch also.

-
Back