Status
Not open for further replies.

4mulas

Fixem'up
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1966 Barracuda Formula S. August 23, 1965 production makes this one of (if not the first) of the very first 66 Formula S's ever made. Original A/C, Auto on the column, car finished in it's original light mauve mettallic color. (PPG base clear) The black racing stripe not put back on at this time. Car has fender tag, but no build sheet. Production sequence number is 00521 (real early 65' production for the 66 year)

This car started life and continues life as an original RUST FREE with NO RUST EVER car. I am the third owner of this original california Black Plate car (I still have the plates, and the names of the other 2 owners)

Everthing mechanically is new or rebuilt including the 273 commando motor which has the correct 10.5 to 1 compression pistons. The motor has forged pistons 0.030 over, with a comp cams solid lifter cam in closest grind to original (comp 270)- All Balanced. The 904 has been rebuilt and has a nice crisp shift. Kelsey hayes 4 piston caliper brakes bring the car to a stop when needed. The original 3.23 suregrip allows for nice cruising and works good. The only deviations from stock are dual exhaust and a dual master cylinder with a wilwood proporioning valve (for safety)

The completey redone interior has legendary covers, new carpet, headliner,etc. All interior metal trim has been re-finished. 150 MPH speedo, Factory tach, wood grain wheel, and tinted glass also present. I also have all the stainless and trim to be put back onto car once it has been polished!

Car also has 5 of the rare 14" steelies with the ultra rare 14" rallye hubcaps and the proper right and left hand thread 2.75" long NOS lug nuts. Small Bolt Rallye's included too.

I have lots of photo's to document the nut and bolt restoration. 226 miles to date since restoration.

Looking for over $20,000 (raw cost of resto, not including countless hours) so serious enquires only please. I found somthing else I want. Can provide photo's and tell you anything about the car you need to know.

PM me here for more details or questions.

Thanks

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back