[WANTED] 67 383 Unsilenced Air Cleaner Base

-

CL3406

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, the previous owner of my 67 Barracuda lost the air cleaner base of all things. It is for an AFB carb so center hole is 4.5 inches & outside diameter is 13 inches. Hopefully someone has one in their stash. I have attached a picture, off of this site, showing a top & base for reference. I only need the base.
Thank you.

Air Cleaner Base Picture.jpg

Thanks for the info. I will keep trying for the original for a bit. Isn't that Mr gasket adapter too small at 4 7/32? AFB's are right around 4.5". Unless you have tried this set up with the original top and saw that it works?? Thanks.

Thanks for the info. I will keep trying for the original for a bit. Isn't that Mr gasket adapter too small at 4 7/32? AFB's are right around 4.5". Unless you have tried this set up with the original top and saw that it works?? Thanks.
Maybe I linked to the wrong adapter, I know I used one on an early AFB years back (smaller than 5 1/8)- I thought that was the one. There are others. Just thought it would be something to get you on the road while you look for an original base which, like I said, are far and few between.

4 7/32 ID is the right size for early AFB's. I might have an original base, will check tomorrow. Or you can find a standard base and cut the outer diameter to the filter pad. That 4 7/32 ID is used on most AFB's up to 1967 and larger 2 barrel carbs on big blocks.

This is what I could find. It is a cut down original.

P1010001.JPG

I also have this one, you could cut down to be very close to original.

P1010003.JPG

-
Back