67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
Just read the entire thread sorry to hear about your dad. Kinda teared me up and made me go give my own dad a hug cause without him I wouldn't be here today working on these amazing mopars. Keep up the good work man pm if u ever need anything for it I have some parts for 67 darts laying around

Thanks man. I appreciate it whole heartedly. You just dont know its coming till it does. Lost my aunt althia yesturday who is my dads sister. Been a rough year for sure.

I need tail lights. Mine are busted to **** and held on by masking tape currently. Lol. Lime green tape at that. Driver especially.

Man found out the intake doesnt have fuel rail mount provisions. So im sending back the aeromotive fuel rails and having custom ones made. Besides the rails only have 1/2" from the end to the first injector. Looks like the fittings could interupt fuel flow to the end injectors.

This beautiful ptc trans arrived yesturday. 1.80 strait cut, ringless input, 8c clutch, 400 pump high pressure mod, and a bunch of other badass parts. Hold what ever i throw at it.

This is a helluva build! Im very interested to see this come together. Im sorry about your father. I am glad you are back working on the car though, im sure your father would be proud!

Here is the injector rails im not a fan of by any means. Crazy the fitting would reach to the edge of the injector feed hole. Cant use that crap for my build.

Well ive got my work cut out for me here. This engine hits everything. Gear box, steering column with the log on reversed pass side mounted to the drivers side facing forward. So it looks like a rack n pinion is in my near future for this car and a tubular k member. Good news is i have 11ish inches of clearence for the intake and elbow to fit snuggly under the stock hood. So thats a bonus for sure. Also have 12" in front of the engine plate for the turbo and radiator so more room than i had before.

Those reids are fancy... Im gonna do a 200r4 with my Hemi eventually, and still looking for the best option. Nice progress, keep it up. And you're right those fuel rails look crap-tastic.

JOE

looking good man.. im glad you started working on it again..

Yea me to. I feel really good about it all now. I came to excepting life as it is and just live the best i can and enjoy it before my number is called as well.

Did sit the engine in the car and i got some room for the intake and elbow under the stock hood. I am really happy about this as i do NOT want a cowl hood on my car. I want it to be as unassuming as possible.
by the way i have to go to a rack n pinion cus this ***** hits everything. The log manifolds hit the gearbox and the steering column hits the valve cover bolt on the end. And the pass side hits the inner fender so i havr to cut those out as well. Anybody know how to or where to do the cutting for that???

Need to get somebody who has done 67 dart 5.7 Hemi Swap 545RFE TRANS
Just want someone who is thru with it & driving it

Need to get somebody who has done 67 dart 5.7 Hemi Swap 545RFE TRANS
Just want someone who is thru with it & driving it

Well i cant help ya. Nothing im doing here is of the norm. Reverse manifolds, powerglide and turbocharging. There are a few guys on here who may be able to help you if your asking for help. If your saying i need to talk somebody else one of the members here is local and we have met and talked extensively. They fit but very tightly.

hemi dart 67, I have a 5.7 swap running in my 67 dart, mine is 727 not 545rfe, but I may be able to help ya a bit. shoot me a Private message, or post questions in the Hemi swap section and Ill try and help.

Turbo freak, I didnt have to cut my inner fenders at all, I did have to cut the collar back on my column, its in my build thread (which I never update). As far as fender cutting goes, I know TTI has measurements for the correct location of the crank/engine on their site, may look into that before ya chop, doing the column mod may get you off that fender too...

JOE

hemi dart 67, I have a 5.7 swap running in my 67 dart, mine is 727 not 545rfe, but I may be able to help ya a bit. shoot me a Private message, or post questions in the Hemi swap section and Ill try and help.

Turbo freak, I didnt have to cut my inner fenders at all, I did have to cut the collar back on my column, its in my build thread (which I never update). As far as fender cutting goes, I know TTI has measurements for the correct location of the crank/engine on their site, may look into that before ya chop, doing the column mod may get you off that fender too...

JOE

It would but wont get passed the manifold hitting the top of the gear box. The pass side is only slightly touching. Its the tall valve covers i have for it that wont clear. Rack is gonna allow a full sump in the pan as well. So there is benifits as well.

To be 100% honest do you really want a 40+ year old steering setup in a car thats gonna trap 170+???? Id do a rack and pinion setup regardless. I went with the HDK setup. The added room for the front tires is great. The front setup is the best money i have spent on my car. Denny is a great fellow to work with.

To be 100% honest do you really want a 40+ year old steering setup in a car thats gonna trap 170+???? Id do a rack and pinion setup regardless. I went with the HDK setup. The added room for the front tires is great. The front setup is the best money i have spent on my car. Denny is a great fellow to work with.

I will never spend that kind of money for such a simple piece to make. One thing i loath about mopars everybody wants top dollar for the same kinda **** all the other brands have. I can have custom **** made for have that price if not less.

Intake is done. I just have to go get it. These fuel rails are way better than those junk *** aeromotives that are to short. Their injector holes interfered with the damn fittings. So i had these bad boys made in -12.

Are you going to use the 8.75 with that kind of power I was going to but decided to use a Dana 60 this was posted on YB >>>>

the 8.75 rear end will grenade before a you make enough power for a intercooler.. we broke 8.75 rear ends on the street in my friends turboed challenger... broke 3.. went to a 9'' never had a problem.. also if your gonna run leafs ditch the SS springs and get a split mono and a assassin/caltrac setup worth every penny over a ss spring..

And a few other's saying that they won't hold the power so I asked my local chassis guy and he said there a good rearend but will break he and other's said sell it while you can get some money out of it so I did , I would recommend that to you cause when you break it it's worth nothing aslong as that's all that breaks.

As for your build hands down wicked I can't wait to see it all done and I'm glad you went with the hemi where did you get the intake.

OH and by the way I'm the guy that bought the LS motor plate from you a few years back it's going into my nephew's 69 Beaumont one day lol

Mike

View attachment 9602424030_840962d955_z.jpg

Cool mike ive debated the ls again after selling those plates. Glad i thought better of it. Lol

My rear is a strange fab 9", 40 spline gun drilled axles and xd billet third member. No 8.75 here all top of the line stuff. Also already have assassin bars i got them probably 4 years ago or so. Many started getting them once they seen mine posted a long time ago.

Sat the intake on the car tonight. Kinda looks like its getting somewhere now. Lol. March ish ill get the engine mounted in the car and some other stuff once its back in the chassis shop.

Need to mill the intake down more and open it up to 4500 as well. Noticed tonight the mopar alu.inum block has dropped in price and gonna probably buy it with the 4.125 bore and 3.80 stroke. Will allow the big thitek heads and lower boost numbers for desired power goals. Also 100lbs off the nose cant hurt either.

Cool mike ive debated the ls again after selling those plates. Glad i thought better of it. Lol

My rear is a strange fab 9", 40 spline gun drilled axles and xd billet third member. No 8.75 here all top of the line stuff. Also already have assassin bars i got them probably 4 years ago or so. Many started getting them once they seen mine posted a long time ago.

LOL I thought you were using the 8.75 glad to see you are using the 9'' I guess I should read a little better or get stronger glasses lol

What intake is that looks really tuff

-
Back