67 dart stroker hellcat gen3 hemi with twin turbos...

-
I hear ya on the glasses thing. I cant see **** without them. Lol

Intake is a mopar drag pak cheaper copy made my muscle motors. I am not impressed with its quality vs cost thats for sure. Really rough casting. The carb opening is off centered. So i have to have that machined out to a 4500 opening and redo the carb mounting holes. Remove 1 inch from its height to clear my hood with elbow on it. So after all said and done i could have went with a sheet metal intake for the cost of it all said and done. Currently im over 1200 in it and still that much more left. The base needs machining and then port work on its terribly course runners on the inside. Let alone the outside appearance of it isnt all that either. It needs serious deburring and sanding. Also gonna have to paint it to cover the casting color differences visibly see able and unexceptable. Id have done the sheet metal i take but many local heads up classes dont allow them.
Im not even getting started on all the other machining flaws i found once i sat it on the engine. Damn fastener holes dont line up well and are to big. So i have to make sleeves so the i take dont move around on the damn hold down fasteners. Ooph im getting agitated just thinkng about its worth to me it this point.
Kinds wishing id have investigated all this pre work now. Would be fine on a na or low power street build but im shooting for 1600+hp everything must be right the first time.

hemi dart 67, I have a 5.7 swap running in my 67 dart, mine is 727 not 545rfe, but I may be able to help ya a bit. shoot me a Private message, or post questions in the Hemi swap section and Ill try and help.

Turbo freak, I didnt have to cut my inner fenders at all, I did have to cut the collar back on my column, its in my build thread (which I never update). As far as fender cutting goes, I know TTI has measurements for the correct location of the crank/engine on their site, may look into that before ya chop, doing the column mod may get you off that fender too...

JOE

Joe i cant find pics of your stearing cover mod anywhere. Do you have any pics of what and where you cut it off at?? I pulled mine completely out to get a nice clean cut. Then i panicked and started looking for whos done it and some pics. I have not been successful finding details of this.

Fyi i have yet to get the engine mounted in my car. Have my dads old race truck and the new motor broke in it first time to the track. So its on the top of the list to repair before my dart is.

Damn 2 and half months and i just did the steering column cutting today. Lmao i kinda had to. Im expecting to take my car into the chassis shop in the next coming week or 2 for mounting the engine plates and trans. Also hoping to get the drivers side header done since it needs to be a custom one that is. Also get my fuel cell mounted up and then it is absolutely game on Nd down hill from there. Just have to get the engine to the machine shop and assembled. Heads clearance for the injectors ports. Mount the iq3, efi and harness, plumbing and brake bleeding. Still have to send my wheels off for beedlocks to. **** might make it for the first spring test session if it all goes perfect....which it wont. Lol but im gonna try.

Hi mate,
Cool project.
Don't worry about all the die hard mopar fans on here.
Your essentially building a hotrod from cool bits that work for a given application and it's an a body mopar. It's not like the body is a super rare car and your killing a piece of automotive history that some on here seem to think.
Your doing a great job, keep up the momentum.
:)

Hi mate,
Cool project.
Don't worry about all the die hard mopar fans on here.
Your essentially building a hotrod from cool bits that work for a given application and it's an a body mopar. It's not like the body is a super rare car and your killing a piece of automotive history that some on here seem to think.
Your doing a great job, keep up the momentum.
:)

Am not sure what you mean? If in reguards to ths ls setup thats long gone years ago. Notice the newgen hemi under the hood.

Well i dropped the car off at the chassis shop again tonight. Getting the motor and midplate mounted up. Fuel cell and trunk finished. A few other things but ill keep those tight lipped till i know for certain more details myself. Getting closer

Yep it takes lots of money to. Neither of which i seem to ever have. Lol hoping to be able to complete it finally this coming season and make some hits. Im not far now and this is one of the biggest hills to climb over to get it there.

Yah i here yah TF time and money niether of which come to easy. Im hoping to have my valiant done by spring of next year only time will tell but things have been moving in the right direction the last couple weeks.
Keep us posted and keep your nose to the grinding stone boost is addictive..

Yah i here yah TF time and money niether of which come to easy. Im hoping to have my valiant done by spring of next year only time will tell but things have been moving in the right direction the last couple weeks.
Keep us posted and keep your nose to the grinding stone boost is addictive..

Yup this will be my 6th turbo car and the most serious of them all. The others had just been street cars most with 700hp. This will be more than double that. Pretty excited.

well got the car back sunday. i am more happy than a fat kid at a cupcake eating contest after being at fat kid camp run by vegans. my tubular k member and control arms with rack n pinion came out as badass as i could ever imagined. i am truly stunned to say the least. it is however one piece i am unable to share...sorry about that but lets just say i could run zoomies there is that much header room under my engine now. nothing ive seen available before for mopars to date. also priced way under any thing else out. coilover setup fully adjustable and full chromoloy light as a feather strong as superman. once im up and running and get it tested. you bet ill be putting up as an advertiser/sponsor for them. 100% american made.

anyways...what i can show. got the trans and frive shaft tunnel opened up and enlarged for the glide and 4" c-fiber driveshaft. this will allow my car to sit low and working pinion angle properly. fuel cell and trunk is no longer a big eye sore from my mess up of gutting the sheet metal out of it. just need to wire and plumb for the most part. build the engine and turbo setup. mount the holley dash etc.... seats and safety stuff. recover the rear seats that had been modified for the cage. not much else. tint the rear window and get it installed and get somebody to tint the rest of the side windows. gonna try to hide the cage a bit and sucker some grudge racers. after all mopars are not known as the normal 4 sec 1/8th mile monsters this one should be.

this is probably what everyone would really love to see more of. so here is a sneak peak of my tubular k member with the rack n pinion on it. this is as much of a tease as im gonna share. break out the jergins lotion fellas. tell me what ya think of it with as little as i have shown anyways. is that room under my newgen amazing or what??? imagine what a wedge would have or small block or even a 2nd gen hemi for that matter? sure there is no engine mount in there. after all maximum performance comes at a cost. run engine and mid plates and never look back. it allows more room as well. with the newgen hemi i can run a regular oil filter in the standard block location factory intended. no adapters required or hoses relocated to leak later. no mess no stress. i could not be happier with this thing what so ever. any of the other kits would not have filled the void this beast did for me. this absolutely covers everything i could ask for and more. so much simplicity so much accessibility for everything. i was speechless for almost an hour at first sight. can not wait to see others enjoy this on their own cars and save a few thousand bucks as well.

fixed my lobotomy on my colomn as well. its only tack in right now till we do the exhaust incase something needs moved over or out of the way.

this is the tunnel before paint after cutting it out. it had to be raised and opened up to fit the glide and a large enough to be strong enough carbon fiber driveshaft in the tunnel. before the stock tunnel was very narrow and couldnt even get a 3" ds in it and not hit. was well worth this as it allows simple extensions to reach all the bell bolts with ease. i can even reach them with my hands i think but not for sure just yet. have to try it first.

Looks good man! Love me a different build, especially one with big goals. Keep up the good work! If you ever come up to Route 66 in Joliet, let us know!

Looks good man! Love me a different build, especially one with big goals. Keep up the good work! If you ever come up to Route 66 in Joliet, let us know!

im from peoria il area is my home town. so havana is on the list for sure. joliet if they have a specific race my car fits and im competitive for it ill make the haul for sure. but i wont travel till the car is under control and progressed to close to my goals over all. gateway is on the lists as is cordova and maybe byron if there is a heads up rafe worth attending for me. want to go to gus's cruise as well.

Are you gonna be a turbo swap away from x275 legal? I want to say they ran a race at byron this year.

lifters arrived

heads in route

crank in route

cam being speced

inconel valves and spring kit on deck

rods ordered but on back order

billet main caps cant find yet

dampner part number im running i cant find to order it(story of my life)

denzo alt 140amp 118mm size looking for a hook up anybody ???????

looking for an indy dealer anyone..??????? wanting valve covers new legend tall ones.

-
Back