67 twin turbo dart

-
Looking good. Just went thru you thread. I feel about as excited to see it finished as if I owned it lol. Must be the twin turbos I'm waiting to see. I love turbo

Thanks, can't wait to get the block back and build. I got this dart from Mad Dart his thread is a few pages back if you want to go through his twin turbo build and see all he did to the car and what he built for the engine and welding up all the turbo pipeing.

I know, to bad I looked at where they were after I ordered, but it's free shipping anyways above $200

Well haven't had much time to work on the car, block is still at the machine shop, checking to see where we are at before machine work is done. Did get the oil pan painted after the modification, and also wrapped the water ice box for the intercoolers. Hopefully soon I'll take the rear bench up and have have redone.

20170423_134935.jpg

20170423_155550.jpg

Well took my tear bench seat to get redone but the guys who I'm having do it needs the car to know where to pad and everything, plus he's two months booked out, but the cool thing is hes going to add a little side bolsters like the fronts to the rear, and mimic the pattern on the back rest over as well, need to finish a few more wiring and finish the steering column modification, so I can have that in so they can steer the car around the shop. Front seat brackets are ordered and being made, should get them by next week, still waiting to hear on my block.

Well got the roll bar pads in and installed, also got all the fittings just waiting for the fuel hose to get here, probably tomorrow , can plumb the feed, all -10an line, have to wait on the return -8an which is back ordered and will ship out on the 15th I believe. Also got in the steering wheel, still have to modify the steering column then I can put it back in the car and then I can make the appointment for the rear bench seat to be done.

20170507_120509.jpg

20170507_130339.jpg

20170506_140358.jpg

Got my front seat brackets in today, need to go buy some bolts, lost the other set that came with the seat to mount the seat to the double sliders.

20170509_192259.jpg

Well finally got a chance to work on yhe dart for a while today, mounted the seats on the double lock sliders and the brackets and into the car, had to put a roll bar head protector on, hoping to not need to, but oh well, went with a new lokar throttle assembly, and matching brake and high beam pedals, and i know its not for everyone but hey its my car, mounted the drivers side mirror, have one for the passenger side as well, they are billet and carbon fiber, might have them painted black. Also bought some unported magnum heads from a member, will ship them off for porting.

20170521_162141.jpg

20170521_162133.jpg

20170521_162201.jpg

Well ordered up the bulbs for the car think these will be enough, they have 27 leds for the brake and turn/running light, waiting for the trunk and dome, they were back ordered. Also i cut the filler tube and welded a fitting onto it so that i can vent the fuel cell out of a stock vented cap, also bought off a member a k member drive shaft loop, also bought some magnum heads off a member tgose will be here next mon or tues then off to a shop for a full port job.

20170529_113159.jpg

20170529_135918.jpg

IMG_4293.JPG

Got my heads in yesterday, bought them from a member here Pete, great guy, along with the heads came Hughes 1.65 billet rollers and a srt of thick wall push rods, as well as arp head bolts, i have studs already but never know might build another small block someday.

20170605_212020.jpg

Also forgot i got these in, and installed them today, they are the ones from ebay, very nice quailty and fit perfect.

20170606_184108.jpg

Well just some updates, bought myself a welder this week, my buddy has been nice helping me but between arranging with him and his schdule and mine, i decided to buy my own for future simple things like brackets and such untill i get better. But i welded the fuel pump bracket onto the frame we put in and mounted and pumped some of the fuel system. We also changed the end of the steering column for a better u joint and just finding a bearing for the lower portion, get rid of the plastic one, will post pics of that when its all complete, just painted everything now. The pumps are twin bosch 044 with 10an line, and a y just past the pumps.

20170618_145926.jpg

Resized_20170618_110242.jpeg

Well havent been able to do anything, messed up my right shoulder on vacation last week on the 4th, it decided it wanted to slip out of joint, so now im in a sling and a mri schduled for next friday and then a doctors appointment the following week for most likely surgery due to a ac tear, but did hear from the machine shop they finally got my rear main cap back from having to be machined down for a 360 oil pan, now the rest of the machine work can happen, they already machined the front cover upper holes only needed two for the stock front covers la or mag. Once i get this done can send out my heads for porting, then on to modifying the intake to allow priority main bearing feed.

Last edited:
Been i long time since I updated, well turns out I dislocated my shoulder twice on the 4th of July, have been going to physical therapy since, havent been able to really do anything on the car, but my block still a small issue that will be fixed, when we sent the rear cap in to have the oil pan seal surface machined from a 340 to 360 turns out they machine the rear seal as well, not sure why they even touched it. But going to try the seal that comes with the block, but i didn't get one, else we will have to send the cap back for then to machine a while new one. But on a good note the cam tunnel is done and roller bearings installed, the block is going into QMPs cnc machine for the deck, bore and lifters which will be over bored and bushed. Will be sending the heads out this next week for porting.

Okay heads are shipped out for porting, they went to B3 racing engines, and was a bit wondering about the abuse is put on the motor with solid motor mounts, and decided to go with a mid plate as well to just keep the engine from stressing on the ears to much. And will run a poly rubber mount on the trans

Well have an update heads are all done being ported to match my engine here are the numbers before and after:
First, the baseline numbers:
Int/Ex@
.100- 49/65
.200- 116/107
.300- 178/141
.400- 226/165
.500- 250/179
.600- 244/186
.700- stall/192
.700+ stalled hard
After:
Int/Ex@
.100- 52/64
.200- 123/115
.300- 190/150
.400- 238/187
.500- 271/207
.600- 274/218
.700- 278/225
.800- 279/230
Have to upgrade the springs for the custom grind cam. Block work is pretty much done just a few little things and its ready for pick up, also will be ordering my rotating assembly tomorrow from bloomers performance.

Also have the specs on my cam that Shane aka dart19666 at crower is going to do for me, we just need a new core, the one he has the LCA wont work for mine but he can grind it for someone else , if anyone is interested, it's a roller cam, would work good for a na build probably. Will release spec once its made and done.

Purchased my cam yesterday from Shane awesome guy, here are the specs:
Duration at 0.050” 243/239 with a lobe lift of 0.403”/0.403” on a 114LSA installed on a 110ICL. Valve lift equates out to 0.6527”. It will take a while to make but will post pictures as soon as i get it.

-
Back