Not open for further replies.

blewbyoutobad

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Contact seller
I have one, not sure if these are left and right. See pic of what I have. I only need one or if you have a pair show me what you have. Thanks FABO

KIMG1275.jpg

KIMG1274.jpg

Link is not the same knob for a 68/69.
Finding a set in good shape is hard, and there are clips inside that hold them on the seat.
Clips break, knobs fall off, and you are stuck looking for replacements.
I have a set, but I need to check if clips are good.
I can send pics tonight.

I've got one. The steel keeper is gone. Could drill and tap to add a set screw like many other knobs. I think it's strong enough. Plastic knob on seat slide has a set screw.

RedFish if he doesn't want it, I'll take it!

Awesome, the finger has detents for 2 set screws to settle in if you wanted to go that far. Although just 1 hidden underneath should do.

I would say the metal clips are questionable on mine, so probably keeping.
If you still need, Firestone Collectibles on Ebay sells reproduction knobs with metal clip for $25/piece.

I looked at the ebay listing ( just nosey ). Their keeper doesn't look like much. I would be tempted to go ahead and put a set screw in their knob too.
The OEM knob is quite heavy for its size. Engineers had weighted return in design? Is aftermarket knob the same material or weight? That bob weight plays into the eventual failure of the keeper? We can assume using the release 2 or 4 times daily was a factor.
My general opinion of all reproduction parts...
It's purdy . We've all seen their fit, form and function fall short of the mark a bunch of times. Good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back