[SOLD] 68 barracuda hood inserts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol no problem, you know im trying to find a hood (69) myself ..if you hear of one pls let me know.
Thanks.
MAPS

Only 1 difference and its in the support structure underneath. 73-76 theres an indention stamped in both sides of the support structure to help the hood fold in a controlled buckle in a wreck. Latch is in the same place, hinges are in the same place, outer skin stamping is the same as a 69. If you dont want the indentions there or are building a buyit jackman auction masterpiece, you can fab up sheetmetal pieces, weld those spots up and bodywork them, or, just use the hood as is. I have a 74 dart hood for the 69 coupe project i am saving for my son.

I was going to originally find 69 fenders, then use leftover 67 taillights, grille, and a 68 hood, and make a 67,68,69, however i found a whole front clip including correct 69 header panel, so i bought a 73-76 dart hood for $100. The 68 hood i had on the 69 barracuda is in way better shape than my 67 hood and thats where i will be using it. Its got a few flaws but its not rusted and seperating.

With the 69 hood, i am planning on using the 73-76 dart sport hood scoop on it. I think that will look good since it will be built as a day 2 car. Grant steering wheel, aftermarket shifter hurst or B&M automatic no console, black painted steelies w chrome lugs or cragars if money allows, black painted hood, hood pins etc. He likes the original red, but that could change by then. I plan on putting M body brakes w 12" cordoba rotors, xploder 8.8 disc brake rear, A518 lockup trans. I have a nice 74 318 i plan on freshening up with a cam, pistons, intake, carb, and dual exhaust. Mebbe 250hp, rear will be either 3.73, or 4.10 not sure which. It will be plenty of grunt and fun for a kid in high school.

YOU ARE ASKING 45 DOLLARS FOR THE HOOD ? IF SO. PM ME PRIVATELY PLEASE. AND WE'LL TAKE IT FROM THERE.
THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back