'68 Barracuda Notch

-
I don't even know if this picture will work with Photobucket (see next post), but the keen eye will notice the new Holley Sniper system. I'm very pleased with it along with the Tanks Inc. setup in the rear. I still have some wire and hose routing to tidy up (I see you green zip tie over the blower motor). I'm getting married this weekend and the Barracuda will be our get away car as long as the weather doesn't get too bad. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures from the photographers.

IMG_20170827_183254396_zpsytiouxxh.jpg

I got married the weekend before last and used the Barracuda as my getaway car. I'll have some more from the photographer later, but I got this one image as a preview.
RT1F2551.jpg

I decided to make new mounts for my transmission cooler since I was installing new cooler lines. This actually pulls it off the radiator a bit and I don't have to poke anything through the radiator. They aren't perfectly pretty, but they're black and hard to see anyway.
IMG_20171112_173328926.jpg

Hey congrats on the marriage! Did ya have to get the brides ok on your tux color?
Bride and car are beautiful

Hey congrats on the marriage! Did ya have to get the brides ok on your tux color?
Bride and car are beautiful

Blue is her favorite color, so she loved the suit. We actually bought it so I could wear it again and it was a big plus that it matched the car. My brother had a very similar picture made when he got married, but I doubt his wife would have let him wear a red tux!

I've never been to the Cars and Coffee Charlotte, but there is one this weekend that I'm considering going to.

Check to see what time you need to show up. The one here starts at 7am, but you have to be there 6:30-ish to guarantee you will actually get a parking spot, they only let in about 900 cars...

I got a new steering wheel for Christmas.

IMG_20171226_181618469.jpg

I also rebuilt my heater box with a new core, hoses, a lot of fiberglass work, new controls, gaskets and defrost tubes.

With some extra Christmas money I bought a Hellwig sway bar for the front. The car came a long way in 2017. I wonder what 2018 will bring for it.

I finally got my US Car Tool subframe connectors installed. Big thanks to John at US Car Tool for helping me out.

Fatman Fabrication in Mint Hill, NC installed them for me and did a great job very quickly.
IMG_20180302_142503843.jpg
IMG_20180302_142451336.jpg
IMG_20180302_142441795.jpg

I installed some PST 1.03" torsion bars to replace my original slant six bars. Wow, if I had known how transformed the car would feel, I would have swapped them out years ago. I guess you could call it a 50th birthday present. The car turned 50 on the 10th.

I knew my motor burned a little bit of oil, so I went and checked it today. It was two quarts low and I just did an oil change on it about 300 miles ago. It's not leaking out anywhere, so a quart every 150 miles seems pretty catastrophic. A rebuild is certainly not in the budget right now, so I'll be spending a few more dollars on a quart of oil every gas fill up.

-
Back