68 Dart pump and cylinders

-

beam21dart

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows or has successfully interchanged pump motors or cylinders from different cars. I have a 68 dart and need a pump/motor and cylinders and want to know if any parts from newer or older models will interchange. I don't know if the original parts were bulletproof and should stay original or if there are better options that will work and be better.

If there is an interchange I would imagine a 67-9 cuda might. Go to mymopar.com and download a couple parts manuals and compare part numbers?

Virtually all pumps interchange. I have a full hydraulic setup still together from a Sebring to see if it will all work in my Barracuda, but I know the pump will work.

Can't help you on the cylinders The sebring ones I did have do have a mid mount pivot and mine mount on the top and bottom. (66 dart) But I do know a 70-80's and early 90's fox body mustang has the right connections for my 66 which look to be the same as your 68. Sebring motors will also work (check connector, different years have a different connector 2008 sebring does for sure) the cylinders have a pivot point on the cylinder and might work if you can make a bracket for it to mount to in the correct position for your car. all the hose sets I have seen in the salvage yards on later models are too small or "just" make it on my 66 with creative routing.

If you want to save yourself some time effort and headaches, I have an extra working pump, and both cylinders l let go. The only reason I took them off is because I was doing a full build. Pm me if you need info.

I just rebuilt my original pump. You can buy a seal kit on E-bay for less than $20. They are super simple to take apart, clean and reassemble. I'll post all my pictures of the disassembly when I get home...they aren't on my work computer.

-
Back