68 Valiant - No Back Seat ??

-

RPMagoo

Just An Old Motorhead
Reaction score
The owner ( possibly no longer the owner) of this, 68 Valiant, claims that it came from the factory, as a special order, without a back seat.. -- Was this option available for this Car ? -- If so , I never heard of one. - Strange things happen, I guess. -- Comments ??

Attachments

• $_57 (7).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 184
---Anymore pics of the car? She is a beauty. --
-- Not my car. It was For Sale , at Hershey, this past summer. -- 408 - 4 spd. - I don't remember the price, but it was "Big Bucks"

Attachments

• $_57 (9).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 164
  • $_57 (5).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 176
  • $_57 (8).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 173
  • $_57 (12).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 171
That car was talked about on here awhile back. It WAS a factory option of some kind. I want to say a telephone company or something bought a bunch of those and used them as sales and service vehicles. It was a pretty optionless and bare bones car. It looks fantastic though.

I tried to find the thread about it, but came up empty.

No back seat used to be something offered back in the 40s and 50s for sales guys to haul stuff around, were sometimes referred to as business coupes.

In the fifties guys would get one of those with the hottest engine offered since they were no frills strippo cars and therefore lighter.

Not sure when they faded away, probably sometime in the 60s.

Wouldn't the fender tag or build sheet tell the story, without documentation it's just the owner's word??

treblig

-- Looks like the ws fluid res was an afterthought.
-- Yep !! -- It should be on the driver side. -- Possibly, if this was a "Bare Bones" car, it was not included. i.e - Possibly an optional item. -- OR -- It was moved for some reason. -- Looks like other items are where it should be.

After seeing all of this -- It is probably a "Fleet Car" - gone wild.

I remember this car on "E" Bay, it was advertised as fleet car for sales, I think....

-
Back