'69 console gearshift unit/NSS/backup switch

-

ConfusedMuchOfTheTime

Reaction score
Good {}.localdaypart(). Mine is morning so good morning. I need to source all the gearshift unit parts from the gearshift knob/reverse button through to the swivel assembly inclusive for my '69 Dart. I have the transmission control lever. I've researched this a bit and given I have the NSS on the 904 trans I do NOT require a gearshift unit with the NSS bolted to the gearshift unit housing as per earlier years (pre-'69). This being the case, can I select say a '67 or '68 gearshift unit with the NSS bolted to the side with the violet and white wires (one of each) and simply remove the switch/discard and bolt the gearshift unit to the trans tunnel bracket and job done ?

Is communication between the transmission control lever and the NSS inside the 904 via the switch operating cam ?

Thank you in advance everyone.

The shifter is the same. In 68 and later it has the 2 bolt holes for the reverse lamp switch and does not have the switch on it. Three wires are routed 2 the switch on the later transmissions. One brown wire in center is NSS. The other two wires are reverse lamp.

-
Back