'69 Dart /6 Firewall & K-Member Questions

-

Casey

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find many clear pics of a '69 Dart (or similar) firewall to see if there's a "blister" for /6 starter/BH clearance at, but it appears there is in the attached picture?

Also, does anyone have some clear(-er, or maybe closer up) pics (one top and one bottom pic would be fantastic) of a /6 K-member from a '69 Dart (or a straight interchange part)? I'm specifically looking for the engine mount location/position and where they're welded to the K-member. Plenty of V8 pics, but very few /6. :sad7:

Attachments

• 67dart:6fw.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 334
Are you asking wether or not there is a different firewall for slant six cars? If that is the question the answer is no. The only choice for firewall was AC or no AC.

The picture you posted looks like a slant k to me. If it isn't that is a very very tall left mount perch for a v engine. Another giveaway is the coil low on the passenger fender right above where a slant dizzy would be. That coil location is a long way from a small block dizzy, but not too far from a big block.

I just purchased a 69 Dart with 225 /6. I'll take pics if you like.

Are you asking wether or not there is a different firewall for slant six cars? If that is the question the answer is no. The only choice for firewall was AC or no AC.
Yes, that was what I was wanting to know, of all firewalls had the bulge at the 1:30 position. Thanks for clearing that up.

The picture you posted looks like a slant k to me. If it isn't that is a very very tall left mount perch for a v engine. Another giveaway is the coil low on the passenger fender right above where a slant dizzy would be. That coil location is a long way from a small block dizzy, but not too far from a big block.

Yes, it definitely is a /6 car, as the pic is a member's resto project here on the forum.

I just purchased a 69 Dart with 225 /6. I'll take pics if you like.

That would be very much appreciated. The engine mounts welded to the K-member are my main concern, as I haven't been able to find any clear, close up pics of them...though the above pics does get me close.

Something like this, only the /6 version would be perfect:

Attachments

• ssk.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 234
Seems the /6 version for those years is the only one missing.
The only useful pic I could get it on the driver side, sorry, hard to see with everything in place.

Attachments

• slant 69 K member.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 153
Actually, that helps quite a bit. Good strut rod end detail, too. Thank you!

-
Back