69 Dart GT Conv. 340-6pak

-
I've just been using Harbor Freight pads and compound on my bench grinder. The dedicated buffing motor would be nice though. The shafts are longer so you can get the work piece out farther away from the motor. The stand would also work better then having it mounted to a bench. For small trim, my set up works fine. For larger stuff, dedicated buffing equipment would be easier.

Go buy some Harbor Freight wheels and try it. It's actually quite fun I think. Just make sure to where gloves and a face shield. If the buffing wheel catches the edge of a part, it will pull it from your hands instantly.

Problem I have is everything is reassembled, so was curious how I might work on buffing them while they are installed on the car. But thanks for the insight.

Problem I have is everything is reassembled, so was curious how I might work on buffing them while they are installed on the car. But thanks for the insight.
Masking tape is your friend when working on the car :)

This week has been a little trying for us. After take 2 or 3, the radiator overflow tank and tube are on. We had to bend a couple of different tubes to get close to the look we were after. The tank went on without a hitch. We also started to reassemble the vent windows and found a lot of slag (from the plating process) in the bolt holes, and locked in bolts and such. Lots of time to work all that stuff out. Any how, the frames are together and hopefully we should be able to install them next week.

IMG_4249.JPG

IMG_4251.JPG

Masking tape is your friend when working on the car :)
I can surely see your problem, and AL is 100% correct, you can never use too much masking tape in this situation. A dremel tool is also great for small detail polishing. I have used it many times on installed bolt head etc...

And again, small steps... The windshield is in and the surrounding trim is buffed, on to the next...

IMG_1217.JPG

This week has been both very good and very bad. We installed the right door and the right quarter glass with out too much of an issue. I am still in need of a tinted left door glass, so I ordered a hard top glass from AMD, watched several videos on grinding tempered glass, put 120 grit paper on my belt sander, mixed up water and soap in a sprayer (to keep it lubed and cool) and went to work on the top of the glass. I was done in two minutes....the glass shattered and my weekend was done. I held it up off the belt as much as I could, but the weight of the glass was too much for the cutting of tempered glass and now I know. Back to my worldwide search for a left door glass...

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1235.JPG

Moving on... This week we have gotten the windshield trim (less the lower one that I will be modifying), window fuzzies AKA Cat whiskers, and interior windshield trim(3 of the 5 pieces) on. Next week I'll be installing the vert top latches, adjusting the top, and the last 2 pieces of vent window frame to jam rubber, they came in today. I just realized, there's a car under all these parts I've been slapping on recently....

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1239.JPG

Looks awesome! Sorry to read about glass. I have tinted glass but I would have to.check and see if its drivers side or not. Its either fb or notch.

Comin together Martin... lookin good! Keep up the great work-cant wait to see it.

Looks awesome! Sorry to read about glass. I have tinted glass but I would have to.check and see if its drivers side or not. Its either fb or notch.
Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it.
Doug....Its kill'n me not to be in Daytona this weekend. Some friends of mine text me last night with some over the top pics of pro street cars, uggghhh!!! Garlits and Daytona Next Year!!!!
Steve, I called National, but they didn't have one but If my luck holds out, I have found an NOS tinted door glass, if FEDEX doesn't mash it before it gets here... Thanks though.

Steve, I called National, but they didn't have one but If my luck holds out, I have found an NOS tinted door glass, if FEDEX doesn't mash it before it gets here... Thanks though.
Finally, after an 18 month search, I have received the last piece (Left Door) of tinted glass for my vert. This one is NOS and it got hear unmolested and in the original Chrysler box. Thanks for all your help guys,
Martin

Hurry Up & Waite!!! That seems to be the way things are going on my build right now. I had lined up the interior man to come and install the rag top and carpet, when he got here he found out that he did not have the pads that go between the top frame and the top, so now were waiting on them and will have to reschedule him to come back. uuuggghhh!!! I'm ready to move on and just can't, so now Im piddling on small stuff to make time pass. Today I installed the Kenwood speakers in the kick panels, having already dyed them, it took a whopping 5 minutes and I'm twiddling my thumbs again. Such is a car build I guess.....

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

If its in God's plan I'm going to be there. Is your dart going to make it? I always like to meet mopar people. Come by and say hi. I will have a spot in the flea market.

Hey T,
The Dart should be ready by then, just not sure if I want to try to take it to that show since its been turning into a late model car show the past few years. The jury is still out. I may just hold out for Carlisle in July, then the Nats in August. What is your spot number just in case?

I'm taking my GTX and all my friends have old car I think your dart would fit in perfect it looks like a trophy winner to me
I don't have a spot yet I usually just get one when I get there
So let you know What I'm driving to take parts in
The wife will be in GTX
I hope to have my Duster on the road by then but I don't know.

Don't know what the deal is with interior people, but it has a major undertaking to get one to start on my vert top and putting carpet in. After a month of begging, He finally showed up on Wednesday to put the top and back glass on and after a couple of hours he left and all we have done is the pads on and the back glass in. The top is just laid out. I am about to loose my !!@!@$#$% mind, cause we are in the final push to get it ready for Carlisle in July! The windshield stainless lower molding swap is complete. I'm working on the interior rear view mirror swap, HT to Vert, now.

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

View attachment 1715024076

IMG_1290.JPG

Don't know what the deal is with interior people, but it has a major undertaking to get one to start on my vert top and putting carpet in. After a month of begging, He finally showed up on Wednesday to put the top and back glass on and after a couple of hours he left and all we have done is the pads on and the back glass in. The top is just laid out. I am about to loose my !!@!@$#$% mind, cause we are in the final push to get it ready for Carlisle in July! The windshield stainless lower molding swap is complete. I'm working on the interior rear view mirror swap, HT to Vert, now.

View attachment 1715024073

View attachment 1715024074

View attachment 1715024075

View attachment 1715024076

View attachment 1715024077
This will likely be one of the best cars I've ever seen.

-
Back