69 Dart Rear onto a 73 Dart

-

limegreen70

Pokorny Enterprise's
Reaction score
Ok. Lets say i bought a 73, 74 dart. Easy to find and not good looking. What would it take to make The rear look like a 69 dart? Would it be to difficult to weld a 69 back half on? Anyone ever done it before? I know the Front clip, Doors, Dash all need changed. But that is pretty simple.

Ok. Lets say i bought a 73, 74 dart. Easy to find and not good looking. What would it take to make The rear look like a 69 dart? Would it be to difficult to weld a 69 back half on? Anyone ever done it before? I know the Front clip, Doors, Dash all need changed to make it appear like a 69. But that is pretty simple.

just find and buy a 69 dart if that is what you want.

It would be a major surgery to convert a 73 to a 69.

you could make a 73 look like a 70/71 - with just changing the front end and markers because the rear bumper is the same.

you could make a 73 look like a 72 with simply changing the front end because the markers are the same

However you still have the 73+ interior

74 started the body mounted tail lights and they were not in the bumper anymore so completely different animal.

if you wanted to "make" a 69 dart you would be best starting out with a 67 or 68.

But again ...I ask WHY!!! I would just leave a 73 or 74 as it is because, painted up nice and with a good driveline combo, it could be just as sweet as any earlier model.

a 74 has the same tail panel as a 75

I have a 75 and I am in the process of getting the car running.

To me, there is nothing wrong with the looks of the later cars. Once painted up nice and maintained, why isn't this a good car??

I am giving the 75 the same love as my 68 dart because I like them all ....just me

CIMG0004.JPG

Sheesh... for an A Bodies ONLY forum, there's a lot of open hostility against one of the major versions of this platform.

Yeah, I think the pre-'74 tail looks better on the Dart but the later ones are hardly ugly...and they're mechanically AMAZING cars, aesthetics aside.

My .02: Regardless of how difficult or easy, please don't butcher a perfectly good '73+ car. Leave it for someone who will love it the way it is.

I don't think it would be all that difficult. find you a nice deck lid , bumper and tail lights, cut the quarters off behind the rear wheel wells, cut , fit , weld , fill, sand, paint. it's not like we're going to run out of 73 to 76's lol

That's a lot of work to have something of less value when you get done.
The market for it will be smaller is my thinking.
And you are going to be way in the hole in parts.

Y ? Dude you will have to do A lot of cutting, fab work & welding. They have different sail panels, wheel wells,trunk floor, body lines & that's just what I can think of with out looking.

Well i know this isnt the Brightest idea but. To find a Unmolested 2 door 68, 69 dart seems like a Challenge now. And when i am ever ready to buy one it will be even harder. So i thought maybe if i got a junk 4 door 69 dart and cut the back half on and Weld it to a 74 Dart it might be doable.

Unconventionaly idea, Yes. But i thought people have done way crazier stuff.

Well i know this isnt the Brightest idea but. To find a Unmolested 2 door 68, 69 dart seems like a Challenge now. And when i am ever ready to buy one it will be even harder. So i thought maybe if i got a junk 4 door 69 dart and cut the back half on and Weld it to a 74 Dart it might be doable.

Unconventionaly idea, Yes. But i thought people have done way crazier stuff.
It just might be easer to take a 4 door & make it a 2 door

-
Back