69 GTS restoration tips advice needed

-

discharger1332

Reaction score
my boss asked me to take over the restoration of the 69 Dart GTS. it is already painted and the glass is already in it, but the interior still needs to be restored. as well as most everything else. I have never done a restoration before so I am not sure what to do to the plastic interior stuff?
What have you guys done to restore the dash pieces and center console stuff? I already did the steering column. and just watched a video on doing the steering wheel, so I am going to start prepping it tomorrow.
here are a couple of pics of the car as it sits now. it is a #'s 340 4speed car, for the most part being restored with updated suspension and brakes. no 4 link and coil over bs just big torsion bars and modern leafs with good shocks. and 4 wheel disks.

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

if he is super fussy he'll probably want those pieces replaced with new.But you can make
them "nice" by carefully sanding,masking and repainting them with the appropriate
blacks and light argent paints.You probably want to stay away from chrome style or aluminum paints...they just don't look good in my estimation.

That glove box door is a 1967 door.

The correct door has a hole in it for that loose fascia in the pic before it.

yeah it will have the key lock correct? i have a box of extra dash pieces. the 67 was in the box of extras, im sure the 69 door is there.
I did not disassemble the car so I am shooting in the dark here trying to figure out where to start. thanx for any help.

-
Back