70-72 duster tail lights

-

moparman79

Reaction score
I am new here, but I have owned a 74 duster drag car for almost 20 years. After running a fairly mild 360 (12.5-1 wisecos, stage III ported iron heads, .557 mopar cam) which ran 11.70-11.90 at 4000 ft. for 15 years, I decided I wanted to go faster. So in 2012 I put a pretty potent 416 small block in it, based on an "X" block. It has Indybrocks that flow over 313 on the intake side, 229 on the exhaust, .668/.672 262/271 comp roller, 14.5-1, tti headers, etc. backed by a well worked over 904, dana 60 with 4.56 a spool and rear disc brakes. So far it has run 6.795 at almost 102 in the 1/8th with no tuning done yet.
Anyway- to my question. It was sassy grass green with a blacked out hood and wing. I decided to change colors along with the new drive train combo. It just got a nice plum crazy (inviolet for the purists!) with some awesome chameleon stripes- will post pics soon. We replaced the 74 taillight panel with the much better looking 70-72 panel.
My question is- does anyone know of any place making led taillight assemblies for these?

Welcome, don't know about LED assemblies but there is a few site that sell LED replacement bulbs for autos, make sure you get the ones that have the widest light pattern so the LEDs will reflect off the reflector like the standard bulbs do. You will need to change the Flashers to ones that will work with LED lighting as the factory flashers will not see enough load to flash properly unless you wire in a load resistor for each LED bulb.

Also 70 and 71 dusters have the same tail light style, the 72 tail lights are also similar but wider horizontally compared to the 70-71 style.

Welcome, don't know about LED assemblies but there is a few site that sell LED replacement bulbs for autos, make sure you get the ones that have the widest light pattern so the LEDs will reflect off the reflector like the standard bulbs do. You will need to change the Flashers to ones that will work with LED lighting as the factory flashers will not see enough load to flash properly unless you wire in a load resistor for each LED bulb.

Also 70 and 71 dusters have the same tail light style, the 72 tail lights are also similar but wider horizontally compared to the 70-71 style.

70-71 Duster-------------
ccrp-1201-05+1972-plymouth-duster-slant-sick+rear-view.jpg

72 Duster----------------
72Duster005.jpg

Thanks for the info! I was unaware that the 72 lights were different! It is a race car, so no turn signal. I actually only need one operating taillight to be legal.

-
Back