71 Dart with 904 - trans blanket or sheild?

-

Walker434

Reaction score
My 71 Dart is a street/strip car. Has gone low 12s - high 11s. I am currently adding a Dana 60 and roll bar so I can go Procharger. Hoping to go low 10s.

I have heard that the trans blanket keeps a lot of heat in the transmission. Will a sheild fit without modifying the floor? If so what are some good brands? I'm doing Drag Week again this year so I'm just worried about trans Heat on the long drives between tracks.

My 71 Dart is a street/strip car. Has gone low 12s - high 11s. I am currently adding a Dana 60 and roll bar so I can go Procharger. Hoping to go low 10s.

I have heard that the trans blanket keeps a lot of heat in the transmission. Will a sheild fit without modifying the floor? If so what are some good brands? I'm doing Drag Week again this year so I'm just worried about trans Heat on the long drives between tracks.
The blanket will not make your tranny run hotter and you will get airflow between the blanket and tranny. Use the Allstar blanket.

The blanket will not make your tranny run hotter and you will get airflow between the blanket and tranny. Use the Allstar blanket.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into this blanket. Also, is a flex plate shield required for low 10s?

Putting on a SC? Awesome ! You probably already have, but you’ll need SFI harmonic balancer.

Putting on a SC? Awesome ! You probably already have, but you’ll need SFI harmonic balancer.

Yes sir, already have SFI approved balancer. This will be a lot of work to complete in time but hopefully bugs are worked out before September. Can't wait!

Yes sir, already have SFI approved balancer. This will be a lot of work to complete in time but hopefully bugs are worked out before September. Can't wait!

Sweet. Ya. That’s Drag Week. Lol. You’ll be fine. Look forward to catching up again!

Yes you do need an sfi flexplate. I run the mopar performance one. Its not very expensive.

-
Back