72 demon 340 resto

-
The beast is on hold lol. I just bought a couple 4wheelers. I haven t done anything to it in a couple months. I m right at that stage where i need to spend a crap ton of money on mechanicals and i decided to buy myself and my son four wheelers. Hopefully i can do some side jobs soon and have enough loot by end of summer for drivetrain stuff.

I just read most of the thread. great read, and workmanship! I had a /6 butterscotch demon about 10 years ago. love em.
talking about original back cars, decades ago I had a 71 challenger conv. 383 car. in 71 you could not order the RT in the sucker, but you could order all the stuff that came on one, the side stipe was matte black, but lacked the RT on it! it also was a SE with the rare hood chrome. this car was triple black!!! I completely restored it except the engine, trans which was great. this is 1990!!! took it to the Nats that summer, got one offer for $10,000. I delivered it to the edge of Canada for another $400! LOL
had a triple black 71 cuda, 340 survivor but that is another s tory, had to tell that for the guys that love black cars!!!

That's awesome, you deserve a break after all that sanding and nothing better than the memories the kid will have of these days with the old man. Be safe and keep all four wheels on the ground man, talk soon....

Got stripes and other odds on. Still savin for the engine.

Attachments

• 20150908_071526.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 557
  • 20151106_183440.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 511
Still looks good Mark! Can't wait to see either one of your Demon's someday!

Got stripes and other odds on. Still savin for the engine.

Excellent build thread!
I started my GSS a week ago after sitting on it for 16 years.

My only deviation from stock will be the camshaft. I have heard the 340 cams were not good blower cams so I think I will call on one of the custom cam grinders to make one up for me.

I have an NOS air cleaner but it is oxidizing a little from sitting so long. Did you paint yours or plate it?

Thanks!

Thanks all. I wish i had more accomplished but i m to the expensive end of my journey.

Gss.....I sandblasted it and primed it with epoxy primer and painted it with wrinkle finish black.

Thanks all. I wish i had more accomplished but i m to the expensive end of my journey.

Gss.....I sandblasted it and primed it with epoxy primer and painted it with wrinkle finish black.
Sorry I was referring to the air filter canister. I have an NOS carb enclosure that Craig C. swapped for my ratty one years ago. Here is the pic I promised.

Attachments

• IMG_3216 [800x600].jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 460
Sorry I was referring to the air filter canister. I have an NOS carb enclosure that Craig C. swapped for my ratty one years ago. Here is the pic I promised.

Nice Demon GSS!

Thanks guys.
Nice ride GSS. The air canister I painted too. I had to play with colors to make it look like plating but I wanted something more durable than zinc. Cheaper as well

Well...i m still alive. Haven t posted in awhile cause i haven't done much. 340 went to the machine shop and its coming home a 416 stroker.
Scat forged rotating assembly
Msd setup
Roller cam and rockers
Aluminum heads from muscle motors
8 qt pan
I still have some stuff to buy but i m slowly creeping on it.
Still need to do the trans. A driveshaft. And bumpers.

Attachments

• 20160326_081722.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 396
  • 20160326_081711.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 387
  • 20160314_150846.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 372
I also picked up a really nice set of used TTI headers from a fellow member. Thanks greg

Attachments

• 20160314_150842.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 20160326_081634.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 387
Glad your still around Mark and the progress on your Demon is about going the same speed as mine.......slow.

Guys, im throwing my hat in the ring here. I picked up a /6 almost two years ago and just got it to the body shop this week. Long story short, I went the clone route, (mistake) but what the hell. I've collected a pile of 340 stuff, from correct bucket seats, sport mirrors, hood scoop, block, manifolds, carb, K-member etc. Color is my biggest decision, I just cant bring myself to go back with the TB3 and white top. Black is number one on my list, but Y1 lemon twist looks damn good to me with A4 grey a possibility. It will have a black or white vinyl top. The car hit the blaster this week, so im waiting to see the body when its done. The car is solid with no rust, but beat up from the years. It started life as an A/C car, but I picked up a firewall patch and non air heater box here also.

Attachments

• 047.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 420
Where did you get the big blowup of the magazine cover with the Mr. Norms blower car on it?

I recognize it because I have a copy of that mag. I also have a Norms Paxton setup that's going on my car late this year along with a 340 and a 4sp.

Your car looks really sharp, you've done a nice job on it.

I had a guy blow up the mag cover.
Thanks. I wish the car was done already. Saved the most expensive part for last i guess.

I hear u john. I love that butterscotch with white. It was meant for that combo.

Vitamin c...i d build that car how you want it. I d go yellow before grey. Ton of em. Just my opinion. Gss has a good lookin yellow car.

Dug out my blower parts out and started taking inventory. Realized i m missing two of the pulleys. So once again... I m on the hunt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 247
Cleaned the garage yesterday. Demon got its first bath lol.

First bath

Attachments

• 20160416_194233.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 20160416_194307.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 255
-
Back