72 Swinger Project

-
Thanks, door clips showed up today so I can get the panels on. Made arrangements to get car to a chassis shop to give me backspace and rim/tire measures. Alignment. Stereo install and trunk surround. Knick knack **** after like polishing etc. valve covers to get my blower motor installed. Other bugs and gremlins.

Tried to do a quick walk around video....sucked, but you get the point!

[ame]http://youtu.be/Eyjno9g2pNU[/ame]

Don't mind the blue tape...marking places to touch up.

Hey man, the video link opens and then says its private. Maybe repost it

Car has been at the chassis shop since Monday to get suspension adjusted and aligned. I also asked them to make accurate measures for backspace and offset to order correct rims and tires. Called yesterday to see what was happening. Short answer was nothing as they literally were trying to fit me in the middle of several cars that were already underway. Awesome reply when I called was "Dude that car is fuckin sweet, I am so happy you brought it here!"

I have been learning on all of this going on 4 years, my hobby. Something that helps take my mind off of what I do, what I have seen, and where I have been. It felt good when someone who builds race cars for a living says that about my amateur endeavor. Made my day.

Doug Herbert 510 lift cam.....couldn't find the card to save my ***. Mufflers are flowmaster 40 series. TTI headers to full TTI 3 inch X pipe. I honestly think you could bolt that to a lawn tractor and it would sound good.

Ok. Car back with measures. Ordered steel police wheels from Wheel Vintiques. Satin black with with chrome trim rings. Hurricane rolling the rain in by the gallon. Interior button up after it passes. Backs had to be custom made so they will be here in 4+ weeks.

Got almost all of the interior done today. Stereo and trunk area next. Rims on the way and fit for tires and I am done for awhile.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 408
All the rims arrived. Trim rings and caps. Rear tires get here Monday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 369
Car is running and driving and straight. Need to finish sound proof interior. Trim rings to go on back too. I may have to burn those 235/70/15s down a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 409
Damn thing won't let me load more than 1 pic at a time from phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 375
Still need some sound proof and stereo install. Had to install a separate fan switch for cooling fans as the draw was intermittently affecting ignition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 401
Thanks airwoofer. I have absolutely lost track of time, money, and resources on this car. It's little things and stupid **** now.

I'm looking on Detroit Muscle Technologies website and they don't have anything listed under overlays for the dash?

Raining today again and hard. Moved the Demon into the shop and got an appointment with the NC DMV for Friday for this one to be plated and placed on the road. Needs a good detailing and a hand polish. Paint has flaws in it that I will go back and address. Headlight upgrade kit with Halogen bulbs is pretty bright. Will have to go back and address interior lighting as I replaced every dash bulb and only ones working are the blinkers and high beam. All gauges including speedo and fuel are fully functional. AM radio is a dummy and real unit will be in the glove box. Sound proofing to arrive Thursday to finish interior install.

Attachments

• Swinger done.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 312
  • nose.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 335
-
Back