72 Swinger Project

-
Motor is up on eBay. I'll be damned if I don't want to shove it back in there. I'll give it a month to sell. If it doesn't move it goes back in the car.

Ok, so one 440 motor for sale. Have another 440 in the works to sell. And then I will get after this one....

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

Well, two weeks away from the one month deadline I gave this motor to sell. A lot of interest, but no one with the cash....might not be building that stroker after all!

Okey dokey, I guess no one wants a 440 and trans. Had a couple folks interested, but then just stopped communicating. Better part of valor will be just to put it back in the car. I can creep along on the build of the 400 stroker and plan it out over time. Have a stock bore 440 in final assembly that I will pop the trans in and make a nice driver combo for sale. Already have the trans in the car with a 3500 stall converter ready to go. Oh well....

Lol...this is true...yet. All of my motors have sold. Some have taken time, others gone before I blinked. Last one went to Sweden. I really just promised the wife I would stay out of the bank account with the hobby. So if it doesn't sell, well then that just means I won't be holding up my end of the bargain. Not making her mad.....

Lol...this is true...yet. All of my motors have sold. Some have taken time, others gone before I blinked. Last one went to Sweden. I really just promised the wife I would stay out of the bank account with the hobby. So if it doesn't sell, well then that just means I won't be holding up my end of the bargain. Not making her mad.....
Sweden you say ... I suppose there's a for sale thread on here somewhere, but what's your asking price? :)

edit: never mind. I misunderstood. I thought it was an unrestored kit. Sorry.

Well new 72 400 block is off at the machine shop. About to drop some cash on rotating assembly. Tore down 2 other 400s, and 2 360s this week. Sold 76 400 and holding off on pushing sale of 71 until I get it back from machine shop. Plenty of work to come.

Do you run a shop down in Southern Pines? I'm from Parkton originally and I'm down there quite often, although I'm stationed in DC right now.

I don't run a shop, my buddy has one in Lillington. He is gracious enough to let me work on the stuff I know how to at his place. The rest I have him do. I am good at breaking things. I started out not knowing a damn thing.

I don't run a shop, my buddy has one in Lillington. He is gracious enough to let me work on the stuff I know how to at his place. The rest I have him do. I am good at breaking things. I started out not knowing a damn thing.
We all started out that way. Love the work you do anyway.

Block and 512 rotating assembly with all the fixins is officially lined up at the machine shop. Priority is getting this car on the road.

Well....block and 512 assembly has been in machine shop hell for months. Well, finally a sign of progress, my heads are done! All set and ready for some fire-breathing havoc...

6CC55BFC-1509-4A32-9425-C6490D165823.jpeg

Annnnnd it finally has arrived from machine shop hell. Started to assemble. Need some parts to complete the assembly so it will be a minute to get it running. Be glad to get it back on the road....440 source pistons -24 dished 4.380, ultralight crank, comp cams xe295hl-10 cam, billet 3 bolt timing chain, high volume oil pump, milodon pan with windage tray. Will top with 7193 intake and EDelbrock carb. 452 heads with upgrades and matching springs.

569FF4D4-0587-4D23-8E24-DBAB6E1174E4.jpeg

BB340F36-1A31-470D-950B-9838BA581762.jpeg

B13484B6-D6E7-45D5-B911-688EC6476477.jpeg

Hemi Denny came through with a set of replacement mounts for the HDK set up in the car as the old ones vanished along with a sock somewhere in the vortex of the shop.

-
Back