727 Automatic coolant line Fitting

-

68 Coronet RT

68 GTS # 508 in Registry
Reaction score
Need some help locating a fitting for the coolant line in the front side of the tranny. It's a small brass fitting and I can't stop it from leaking so I'm trying to locate a new one. Stopped at a local Dodge dealership and the numbers they have are obsolete. Saw a couple on ebay but don't know it they are the right thread to screw in the tranny or the coolant line.

1/8 npt on the Trans.

X2^^^

I have a spare one kicking around, pm me your address and I'll send it off. I was way off on the torque for the cooler line adapter fittings.

1960-1968 is 75 in.-lbs.
1969 and up is 110 in.-lbs.

IMG_20171023_181348.jpg

Last edited:
These are common ordinary brass adapters, and EVERY parts store should have them. The transmission will normally be pipe X SAE flare, and the radiator end will normally be either SAE flare or inverted flare just like your brake tubes

https://www.parker.com/literature/F...ectors Group Static Files/G-BrassFittings.pdf

These are "called out" by the tube size and pipe size, so, say, 5/16 flare x 1/8 pipe ............see page 15, above, 48Fx5x2

flarel.jpg

Last edited:
o'Rileys

i had the same issue - finnaly found them at the local auto parts sotre (O'rileys)
and so i bought as many spares as i could. (only2) :( already used.....

Last edited:
Found what I was looking for, local NAPA store had a hand full. Bought 2. A buddy of mine recommended that I either use some Permatex Thread Sealant with PTFE or Ultimate Black RTV on the threads that go into the tranny. Any Pros or Cons on thread sealers

I like teflon, it's not critical. What IS a problem is that sealant acts like a lube, and you can easily overtighten (tapered) pipe and split the case open.

-
Back