73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
what kind transmission, a date coded A833 or maybe a Passon A855?
Just a date coded 833, I thought about updating but $4K just wasn't in the budget. You know I'm on a tight budget for my builds just read the MCG article he even said so.

:rofl:

007 (800x600).jpg
008 (600x800).jpg

Last edited:
where did the shift rod come from? , looks like the Super Shifter III rods....I would like an A body version.

already checked them....no soup!
why do you need a trans?
Ross' info from his FEBO thread... I first have to fix some transmissions issues created by the previous owner, I have a rebuilt 1971 833 transmission built by Passon performance to replace the 1968 transmission that’s in it now and a correct Hurst rebuilt shifter mechanism, I noticed the wrong length clutch pivot fork (too Long) was installed and as a result the driver’s side head pipe is half hammered shut to try to make it work correctly (which, it does not).
i hope you don't mind Ross

Ross' info from his FEBO thread... I first have to fix some transmissions issues created by the previous owner, I have a rebuilt 1971 833 transmission built by Passon performance to replace the 1968 transmission that’s in it now and a correct Hurst rebuilt shifter mechanism, I noticed the wrong length clutch pivot fork (too Long) was installed and as a result the driver’s side head pipe is half hammered shut to try to make it work correctly (which, it does not).
i hope you don't mind Ross
Nope.....couldn't have said it better myself, oh wait I did say it.

Gotcha...thanks to both of ya'....good call on the date coded piece. Like the Flash, everything within reason to keep it / make it as it was.

I guess I will modify the 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th rods I just bought (from Hurst) with a sleeve.....for the Flash.

I haven't devoted all my attention to the Cuda'....since I was in a hurry to get the exhaust done on the Duster in time for the Nationals I didn't have time to get the mufflers and tailpipes ceramic coated it like the headers and X pipe were, hopefully not too many people crawled under the car and noticed it didn't all match. This was one of the biggest things I wanted to get done before I really show it off next spring.

023 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you have much to worry about. Would've taken a really tiny person to be able to see under your car enough to see the exhaust.

I haven't devoted all my attention to the Cuda'....since I was in a hurry to get the exhaust done on the Duster in time for the Nationals I didn't have time to get the mufflers and tailpipes ceramic coated it like the headers and X pipe were, hopefully not too many people crawled under the car and noticed it didn't all match. This was one of the biggest things I wanted to get done before I really show it off next spring.
what else do you have to do until you're satisfied it's ready to show??

what else do you have to do until you're satisfied it's ready to show??
Oh it was ready to show when it made it's initial showing at the Mopar Nationals I'm just trying to finish up some of the little details that will eliminate all the imperfections and issues come show or sale time. I still have to wire up the front bumper driving lights and calibrate the GPS speedometer.......minor stuff.

Oh it was ready to show when it made it's initial showing at the Mopar Nationals I'm just trying to finish up some of the little details that will eliminate all the imperfections and issues come show or sale time. I still have to wire up the front bumper driving lights and calibrate the GPS speedometer.......minor stuff.

SMALL POTATOES!

Got a great deal on a 8000lb lift.....this should make life much easier when it comes time to restore the Cuda' or future Duster modifications.
002 (768x1024).jpg
001 (768x1024).jpg

Ross was nice enough to let my wife and I come see the Duster a few weeks ago and I can tell you it is even nicer than photos could ever show. The detail work is just unbelievable, I went home and spit on my Duster after seeing his!
Ross when I was there I remember saying "I'm really surprised you don't have a lift in this garage". LOL, I'm glad you found a deal on one, anything's better than building cars on your back.
Bob

Ross was nice enough to let my wife and I come see the Duster a few weeks ago and I can tell you it is even nicer than photos could ever show. The detail work is just unbelievable, I went home and spit on my Duster after seeing his!
Ross when I was there I remember saying "I'm really surprised you don't have a lift in this garage". LOL, I'm glad you found a deal on one, anything's better than building cars on your back.
Bob
Thanks Bob.....we need to hang out more often, if you ever need a extra set of hands on the Duster let me know. My Duster will be going up soon to hang the exhaust.

Exhaust is back on and I think it looks much better. I decided to take a few good pictures of the HDK suspension while the car was up on the lift.

008 (1024x768).jpg
009 (1024x768).jpg
027 (1024x768).jpg
003.JPG
017 (1024x768).jpg

I have been looking at 2 post lifts and I figured I would be the only one crazy enough to stick a car under one in the air.
Cars look great!

I have been looking at 2 post lifts and I figured I would be the only one crazy enough to stick a car under one in the air.
Cars look great!
If the lift leaks off the mechanical safety stops will keep it from dropping onto the other car, so there really isn't anything to worry about. Luckily the Duster doesn't drip any fluids, although next week the Dart goes up to replace all the squeaky Polyurethane control arm bushings, then the Cuda' goes up again to replace the emergency brake cables so I can have a functioning system next spring.

-
Back