74 dart wiring questions

-

sport74

Reaction score
I have a 74 dart, and the instrument cluster is long gone. I'm wiring up some autometer guages and have figured out that a blue ferrule will plug into the factory PCB connector. I'm using these and my schematic to locate what pins I need but the line on the schematic for spot 4 shows a line that ends with an arrow. It's not a ground symbol and the wire on the connection is a double wire that's orange. Also there is a light blue wire in spot 1 that goes to the voltage regulator and alternator according to the schematic. Is this a switched hot?

I think the wiring schematic will make more sense if you take schematic A, and B look at them together. That helps show were wires go.

Orange is illumination circuit, it feeds panel lamps via adjustable dimmer on light switch.

The light blue, is dark blue. It is IGN1, N, on bulkhead, it has power in "run" on ignition switch.

No idea on pin 4, the arrow means going off to else where, but should have a note. Might be something like oil light, other gauge sender, color might help...

Pin 4 is the orange wire. The light blue goes out to the bulkhead connection and mates with a dark blue wire. Thanks

-
Back