74 Swinger Project

-
Thanks PoisonDart. All a work in progress. The 72 is nearly done. Top and trim on. Reinstalling interior in short order. Then it is wheels and final assembly. Header leak on this one is up for a fix after that. I need a set that actually fits.

Wife of my 6 took a day and played pin-up model. Just an FYI for you guys it was not that expensive. She spent about 3 hours doing it and it included a hair and make up girl as well. She had fun, broke out of her element, and can't wait to do it again. This is just a peek at one where the photographer demonstrated the pose and then had her try. :cheers:

image-jpg.1714838326

View attachment image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful gift...wife had a 12 x 18 metal sign made from one of her pictures with my car. Awesome addition to the shop. Had about 50 really nice proofs to go through.

image-jpg.1714838678

She had fun taking pics and trying on different dresses and hair styles. Got her out of the house and away from the kids!

Raised some money for kids to get Christmas presents last week. Did a smokey burnout. Apparently need a TQ strap for this motor as a snapped the power steering bracket in two.....

Yep. She has fun. Let's me play with these old cars. Last year's promise was I would keep the budget on them considering we have 2 of the six in braces and one in college. I have had to sell some things I would rather not have , but I am keeping it in the green. She wants to start her own business here soon. I am more than likely going to sell the Demon and may consider this one to fund the start up. I have 3 engine and Trans combos that are underway. Two will be running on the stand shortly. That ought to get her started!

This one is next. Fresh from machine shop only required polish. New bearings. Under my small block thread. Freshened heads. With port matched torker intake and 12:1 pistons. 360 small block race motor. Straight up old school magic. Will replace cam with hyd and rockers to rollers.

image-jpg.1714844577

Yep. She has fun. Let's me play with these old cars. Last year's promise was I would keep the budget on them considering we have 2 of the six in braces and one in college. I have had to sell some things I would rather not have , but I am keeping it in the green. She wants to start her own business here soon. I am more than likely going to sell the Demon and may consider this one to fund the start up. I have 3 engine and Trans combos that are underway. Two will be running on the stand shortly. That ought to get her started!

That's awesome man. Shoot I can barely get my wife to take pics let alone with my car hahaha

Lol. She did a whole calendar. Took some with her Camaro too. She comes to all the cruise ins with me. It's our date night. She is also lucky as hell. Wins the 50-50 a lot. The old dudes get pissed when they see her coming.

Lol. She did a whole calendar. Took some with her Camaro too. She comes to all the cruise ins with me. It's our date night. She is also lucky as hell. Wins the 50-50 a lot. The old dudes get pissed when they see her coming.

Nice! :cheers::blob: :burnout:

Yes and it is plated, legal, and an NC title on the way. Never did understand why a perfectly good VA title in my name is a problem....taxes baby. Everyone has to get theirs.

Mostly ridiculous question of the day. See I got this 408 stroker that I planned on sticking in my Demon. My buddy keeps telling me to shove a 440 in it. The 74 car has a tire burner in it as it is with a 360 that is no slouch. 8 1/4 rear would have to go, but the 904 is built and would bolt right up. I did not do a real good job on the engine bay when I built it. Winter project....motor swap, grill repaint, tail panel refurb, engine bay detail?

Additionally, I have a cheap set of summit headers in this car. Had to get a hammer to beat the snot out of them to clear steering gear box. Anyone have an opinion on a solid set of headers for PS/PB/904 auto 360 in a 74 Swinger?

Well I opted to leave well enough alone and pull the top end on the 74. I bent two push rods wiped two lobes and broke the bracket to the power steering pump during my last ride....whoops. New cam and lifters, pushrods....gentle on the throttle for a bit!

-
Back