74 Swinger Project

-
And the trophy goes to......

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now I am not saying that my car isn't nice, and I definitely love my wife, but something ain't right. I have taken this car to a bunch of shows, a bunch. A lot of looks, a lot of "grandpa had one of these," and nice cars....but only one trophy. Two days, two shows, two trophies. I'm beginning to think that it is officially her car! Voted best Mopar.....of four there....lol

image.jpg

Last edited:
Just a lurker....but I'm going to guess SOMEONE is easier on the eyes!!! LOL Just sayin

Yeah....I really wanna think my car is awesome, but my wife is more awesome! Great mother to he six kids....And I am just fat and bald.....the new sexy

LMAO, I've got the same new sexy as well....Your cars are all great I follow all of them...I think...just found your Demon build awesome as well...

Brad

Yeah the Demon is moving along....slowly. Since I left the country my buddy has picked up what's left so my budget is going to labor. I am learning as I go. I did a lot more work myself on the Demon than this and the 72. Blew the budget on the Demon and the wife has taken a liking to it, so sold the stroked 408 and will build a mild 383 so she can ride in it.

You all have seen this car go through build on here. Not junk. Considering selling this one when I get back to make room for the Demon in the stable. Not perfect, not stock, but a nice car in my opinion. I see cars much worse than this selling for $5000 and others much nicer selling for insane amounts. I have an idea on fair pricing for this car. What do you all think....wife not included!

It has been a fun couple of years with this car. Wife has run it all season. She did a cruise in and trunk or treat Thursday night and had a blast. We talked after about selling it when I get home once the Demon is on the road.....looks like it is on the block next spring! I want a truck!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I sure am going to miss this car when I put it up for sale!! The memories just keep coming. Veteran's Day parade. Cold as hell and she ran right through it with kid number 4-5-6 in tow. Number 4 marched with the scouts and 5 and 6 rode shotgun.

IMG_0676.JPG

Wife will be rolling this sucker to the local Dodge dealer to get a trade quote for my truck order. Will set a sale price on it after that. Then I am pressed to get her Demon done before spring. Truck still for sale local. Goal is to have her happy....but I saw some serious doubt in her eyes when I told her to take it in...I think she has a thing for the old 74!

Ok. Gold truck gone....funded the 496 stroker for the Demon. Mama bought me the truck. Car has to go.....

Thoughts on price? Anyone...

Geez how do you put a number on it?
At the end of the day it's worth what someone is willing to pay.....
Good luck with the sale and keep safe

Yeah exactly...I am out of garage space. Not going to put it outside. I don't have to sell it, don't need the money, just would rather see it go to a good home.

Now I am not saying that my car isn't nice, and I definitely love my wife, but something ain't right. I have taken this car to a bunch of shows, a bunch. A lot of looks, a lot of "grandpa had one of these," and nice cars....but only one trophy. Two days, two shows, two trophies. I'm beginning to think that it is officially her car! Voted best Mopar.....of four there!

Sorry I just saw this if you even need to ask why you have been away far too long..

Lol....since July. Miss everything about home. My three year old is breaking my heart. She carries around pictures of me and talks to them. Got really upset when my wife took down the Xmas tree because I would miss it. I get to see them on webcam....just not the same!

I still have the car, still haven't decided on a sales price, and they are still rolling and running around in it. Belated St. Patrick's day parade today because it was rained out last week.

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

Just keeps racking up the miles and smiles. Made it to Mopars at the Rock. Son peddled in the swap meet and pocketed some cash. Nothing big sold. I guess that's what happens when folks already have cars with motors and transmissions. Lol Been on the road a few years and still looks good. Still on the fence about selling. Other option is to pull motor and replace with a 408 and replace rear with 8 3/4 I need to build. I'm going to get a car port put in and just dwell on it. Sure wasn't the ugliest car there!

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG

Working on a nice little 340 deal that I am considering for this. Would repaint and detail grill and engine bay while I am in there. Anyone know what a good header would be for power steering and power brakes? Would put my drivetrain through the freshener and sell if I do..

I used Doug's headers, they were a pretty good fit. I had to put a dent for the coupler on the steering shaft. Just some advice, put the headers in first then drop the engine in.

I used Doug's headers, they were a pretty good fit. I had to put a dent for the coupler on the steering shaft. Just some advice, put the headers in first then drop the engine in.
Aaaah yes.....made that mistake putting the motor in my wife's Camaro! What is really easy is pulling the front suspension and sticking it in from the bottom!

-
Back