74 Swinger Project

-
That is awesome! My wife has a some serious luck. So much so that they don't want to see her buying tickets. It was cold here but sunny. This was actually the third event of the year, but first to actually go as the others were rained out.

Didn't win anything but had a great time with the wife and kids!

image-jpg.1714806571

View attachment image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a great time! Kids really enjoyed and when the littlest 2 got tired, momma took them home and the 10 year old got to go fast down the 1/4 mile when they opened the track!

Was thinking about a set of Schumacher headers on this 360 or putting the 440 in place that I am trying to sell.....either way, it seems as though all of my parts are not available from Schumaker?

Was thinking about a set of Schumacher headers on this 360 or putting the 440 in place that I am trying to sell.....either way, it seems as though all of my parts are not available from Schumaker?

what parts would those be?

SB to BB motor mounts or A body SB headers. It was all coming back as out of stock. I have my BB that is for sale and building the 408 for the Demon. The Demon is originally a slant 6. I have a set of the poly mounts new for S6 to BB that I was going to use on my 72 but went with a HDK set up there. The headers I have on this car are summit headers that don't work well with PS and had to "be adjusted"on DS.

SB to BB motor mounts or A body SB headers. It was all coming back as out of stock. I have my BB that is for sale and building the 408 for the Demon. The Demon is originally a slant 6. I have a set of the poly mounts new for S6 to BB that I was going to use on my 72 but went with a HDK set up there. The headers I have on this car are summit headers that don't work well with PS and had to "be adjusted"on DS.

Weird, I wonder if its due to the summer show season and all the dealers grabbing them up.

I'm running into the same issue with AMD quarter skins, I can't find them in stock anywhere

A lot of stuff is weird to me. Some of it frankly pisses me off. A lot of things say 67-76 A body....well they just don't work on my 74. The nuances of different applications makes it a bit of a challenge.

A lot of stuff is weird to me. Some of it frankly pisses me off. A lot of things say 67-76 A body....well they just don't work on my 74. The nuances of different applications makes it a bit of a challenge.

Yeah, which is why i chose to do the mods to mine that I am. Since i can't find off the shelf stuff and when i do, it's expensive for what it is, may as well do it like a hotrod and make it my own.

I am with ya there. I have to admit, the mopar crowd is super critical. This car isn't even close to anything Ma Mopar made. I take it to shows and Mopar guys nit pick it. People who don't know any better think it is as cool as hell. I am learning so I don't have a lot of confidence in what I can do. I just posted pics of my 72 dash. Not perfect, but I didn't pay someone to do it!

I am with ya there. I have to admit, the mopar crowd is super critical. This car isn't even close to anything Ma Mopar made. I take it to shows and Mopar guys nit pick it. People who don't know any better think it is as cool as hell. I am learning so I don't have a lot of confidence in what I can do. I just posted pics of my 72 dash. Not perfect, but I didn't pay someone to do it!

yeah, I agree.

I could understand it if we were talking a numbers matching bid block 1970 cuda or hemi cuda convertible, or something along those lines, but they need to face the fact that sadly, our lowly A bodies will never get the respect they deserve and 2: they literally made millions of them. I think in 74 alone, there was over 300,000 slant 6 darts made.

Hotrodding is about making the car fit you. Any joe smoe with 30,000 in his pocket can go buy a muscle car these days, a true hotrodder builds their ride.

Rant Over/

Nice pair of cars btw:prayer:

Thanks for the props on the cars. I have 6 kids and work my *** off in the Army. Joined at 17, and worked my way up. This is a hobby and an education for me. Best way for me to relax besides fishing. Investing my time and effort into learning. May take me several years to get there, but getting there anyway. Love it that my wife and kids dig it too.

Thank you for your service.

Dont let anyone nit pick your wheels. I hung out at a cruise night once with a friend who has a stunning 69 Charger. This clown comes up and starts jawing BS about how he thinks the wheels are not modle correct and on and on. My buddy lets him finish and says "Let's go check out your car" Stops the yappers in their tracks.

That is funny. The show my wife and I just went to had some really supreme rides. I mean cars you could just eat off of. I personally could have given two ***** less if they were factory. They were nice. I can't afford a numbers matching anything. I can afford to rip the tires off these ones and not worry about numbers matching anything!

I hear ya man. Mine's numbers matching. It matches the number of spare dollars I can put into it a little at a time.
I guarantee when mine moves and stops on its own, I'll be sitting in a lawn chair next to it with my son both grinning from ear to ear!
We set out to have a hot rod, and that we will have....

-
Back