8.8 into a 1967 Dart GT convertible

-

WillK

Reaction score
I’m in the process of putting a 8.8 ford explorer rear from a 2000 ford explorer into my 1967 dodge dart convertible. I need to know what spring perch I need to buy and anything else I may need to make it work. I already have a Spartan locker for it. Ordering new brakes so everything will be new calipers rotors pads etc.. just not sure what else I will need to order or do to make it work. If anyone recommends the perches or any other parts please of possible include a link or part number etc so I can find it and order it. I contacted summit racing and told them what doing but they didn’t have any idea what part or parts would work.

Google Mopar performance spring perch

Then the master cyl. You will need to remove the residual pressure valve from behind the brass seat in the forward port.

I assume you already have front disk?

Depending on what you got with the rear you might need to adapt the parking brake cables / ends

If you use mopar performance perches just know the center locator hole is too big for stock springs. Will need to weld a plug in the hole and redrill to the proper size.

Google Mopar performance spring perch

Then the master cyl. You will need to remove the residual pressure valve from behind the brass seat in the forward port.

I assume you already have front disk?

Depending on what you got with the rear you might need to adapt the parking brake cables / ends
Thank you! I’m adding front disk the rear is already disk. I figured that the master cylinder and proportion valve etc would need to be replaced I just wasn’t sure about the perch springs and shocks working correctly

If you use mopar performance perches just know the center locator hole is too big for stock springs. Will need to weld a plug in the hole and redrill to the proper size.
That’s easy enough thank you

-
Back