904 cooling line broken fitting

-

GTGrinly

Reaction score
Picked up a 904 and found it has the rear cooling line fitting broken off flush with the case. Any ideas on the best way to get this out withouttrashing the trans with filings from drilling and tapping?

Also, I was told I need a torque converter specific to a 360 due to external balance. Will my 318 flex plate work or do I need a new one also?

Thanks..

Try an easyout.

As far as the converter goes you can use the 318 converter as long as you buy the proper b&m 360 flex plate. Or if you want to use the 318 flex plate you can buy the weight kit for your converter and weld them on as per the directions.

I had the same thing on a trans I bought from JEGS, just ta[ in a easy out that fits in the hole without drilling should come right out. I have some of those fittings if needed for the ride.

Had to order a set of e z out's, they came in today and it took about two minutes to get the broken fitting out. Thanks for the help. Halifax thanks for the offer, I should be able to pick a new fitting up local. If I can't I'll take you up on your offer.

We are 30 apart not bad, going to Herndon prob to pick something up for a member near there?

Dam going to be almost next door to it today at Fastenall picking up a couple of sun testers that were shipped to me. We should meet one day google my user name it is also my part time business.
Ray

I thought it had something to do with home brew. My brother in law brews but I never have. I see by the Google Search your retired Air Force. I put my 4 1/2 in the Air Force, Sept 75 - Feb 80.

-
Back