904 valve body questions

-

Gator77

Reaction score
I am rebuilding my first 904 and have 2 question about valve body.when I took it apart. I found 8 balls .everything I have read or seen shows 6 balls..I also found one small spring that i can't figure out were it goes.rest of trans is back together thank you for info

Here is a picture of mine when I had it apart. Maybe that spring you are talking about is the one in the top left corner of the picture. Hope this helps!
IMG_20170515_140216.jpg

Does one ball go into 1-2 shift bore.the spring that I don't know were it goes is smaller the the one the 3,8 ball sits on.thanks for info

There is only one spring that can pop out from between the two halfs, and that is the regulator in the top left under the 3/8 ball.

But it sounds to me like you are talking about the roostercomb ball and spring, cuz there never has been an 8th ball!

That's got to be it does anyone have a picture of how the spring and ball go back on the roostercomb

Insert spring, then ball, then push down roostercomb, then insert TP lever, seal,washer, and E-clip.
Pushing down the roostercomb is a bit of a trick,lol. You may need to make a tool. Sometimes a feeler gauge gas worked for me, or a really small screwdriver.

-
Back