904 vs 727 Cooling Line Fittings

-

DustyRoads

Reaction score
I recently decided to go with a braided stainless AN cooling line set from an eBay supplier. I could not locate a set specific for a 904, so I ordered the 727 kit, figuring it did not make a difference. The kit came with adapters for the trans and the radiator. There were two fittings with 1/8" MPT male ends, and two others with 1/4" MPT ends. I've only dealt with 904 automatics, but I thought 727 and 904 cooling line holes on the trans were the same size...1/8" MPT. Same for the radiator. I thought all radiator connections were 1/8" MPT. Am I wrong, or did the company make a mistake when they bundled the fittings together into a kit?

Pretty sure you will be fine, as the only difference I am aware of is the length to the rear line connection on the 727. (I think it's a few inches farther back)

When you get into the OD automatics the lines are 3/8 instead of 5/16 and the fittings for our cars have to be changed at the radiator to accept the larger lines.

I am in the process of doing a /6 to a 440 in a 1970 Dart.. the original had 904.. i swapped to a 727 and the transmission lines fittings are identical just some slight benfing required to fit past new kickdown and shifter cable

-
Back