A 1974 Duster - My 2nd one, 41 years later!

-
Hi Rd2Scamp,
There are members that have made this work, but FiTech recommends a MSD like distributor that can use a phase-able rotor. You might want to PM member Johnny Pace who has provided customer support for the FiTech units that Pace Performance sells. He has worked closely with FiTech so he has a good understanding of their stand on using a stock distributor. Here it the FiTech thread that this is talked about in depth. If you don't want to read the whole thread, you can search within the thread for this subject.

FiTech EFI system

Travis

The car is fine, the engine is waiting on me to get funds for ordering the headers, roller rockers and push rods. Me...well My wife and I bought a new home so we are in "fix it" mode on the current home so we can sell it. That means I am finishing the basement and the other list of things that needs to be done. So car time is on hold while I finish the basement. Kinda sucks, but that is what has to happen.

A little late to the party, but nice work Alex. Love the dash work.
Good luck on the house renos, we are in a similar situation.

Thanks Guys! Yup I will update when I can. As soon as the funds are available I will order the headers, rockers, and pushrods.

Yes we are going to move about 7 miles from our current home into a new ranch style one level home. No more up and down the stairs, it will be a good move for us.
Which direction are you moving? North? South? Closer to 25?

Yes we are going to move about 7 miles from our current home into a new ranch style one level home. No more up and down the stairs, it will be a good move for us.
It's good to see you post again Alex. It seems like all 11 builds I have been following have quit posting this summer. Of them all, your build rocks the hardest!

Now Higgs will have to drive farther to have a beer.:lol::steering:
higgs don't mind a little drive, and he is always a great asset for knowledge, help and friendship! (and drinking beer...lol) Did you resolve your 3rd member problems Dave?

Last edited:
I am still going to be very close to Higgs, a short drive indeed! Thanks Brock...I am not bailing on this project...The Duster will run the coming spring!

New house is in the Skyestone community - Taylor Morrison homes at 108th & Simms in Broomfield 80021 Move-in completion appx. date for the house is Jun-July. Perhaps a Mopar Bar-B-que at the new home...Gots to let all the neighbors know Mopar is represented at this new house!

As far as the website and not posting....I think, and this is only MY opinion...That when the For A Bodies Only website was changed....That it is was changed for the worst. I don't like that people are inclined not to post a real reply...but they just click the "like" button. That is a Facebook thing, and honestly, FB sucks. I will continue to post my build...but it is my opinion that the new look FABO website was changed for the worst.

Last edited:
higgs don't mind a little drive, and he is always a great asset for knowledge, help and friendship! (and drinking beer...lol) Did you resolve your 3rd member problems Dave?
Yep, third time's the charm. Did you check out the Valiant?

I am still going to be very close to Higgs, a short drive indeed! Thanks Brock...I am not bailing on this project...The Duster will run the coming spring!

New house is in the Skyestone community - Taylor Morrison homes at 108th & Simms in Broomfield 80021 Move-in completion appx. date for the house is Jun-July. Perhaps a Mopar Bar-B-que at the new home...Gots to let all the neighbors know Mopar is represented at this new house!

As far as the website and not posting....I think, and this is only MY opinion...That when the For A Bodies Only website was changed....That it is was changed for the worst. I don't like that people are inclined not to post a real reply...but they just click the "like" button. That is a Facebook thing, and honestly, FB sucks. I will continue to post my build...but it is my opinion that the new look FABO website was changed for the worst.

Alex, I'm getting older and been a long time since I was in school. But I think it's past July, move in close?

Yep, third time's the charm. Did you check out the Valiant?
Not meaning to high-jack Alex's thread, but I looked at the Valiant and am sticking to original plan. '67 to '69 model. I'm glad you're on the other side of "rear end" problems Dave!

The moving thing and building and fixing really takes a bite out of time and funds for a car project, that I know for sure.

Still working on finishing the basement, I hate it but it has to be done. I did just order the ARP head stud kit so I can secure the heads to the block. Looking into the right push rod kit, MRL suggests I get 3/8" rods with 5/16" ball and cup ends. Comp Cams makes some semi finished push rods in that configuration, that just need to be cut fit and then the cup pressed in.

Still working on finishing the basement, I hate it but it has to be done. I did just order the ARP head stud kit so I can secure the heads to the block. Looking into the right push rod kit, MRL suggests I get 3/8" rods with 5/16" ball and cup ends. Comp Cams makes some semi finished push rods in that configuration, that just need to be cut fit and then the cup pressed in.
Thought you're gonna have it driving by the time I come out there next? That would be Thursday!! Better get on it!! :poke: :D

-
Back