-
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickname

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My shifter linkage has a lot of play and the grommets are worn out and broken.

Looking for a "repair kit" that would include at least the grommets and clips.

Any other tips how to fix this are welcome as well.

shifter_linkage.jpg

shifter_linkage_manual.png

as far as i know, nobody makes a kit.

the bushing is #2781445 and you can find them on e-bay (or if you're a cheap *** like me, make your own) the grommet is #2781444. they used the same stuff in 3spd column applications up until the 80's, including trucks so that may help in your search.

the clips are the same as the clips that hold the shift rods to the levers at the transmission.

Thanks, for the part number and info. Tho, I'm still struggling to source these parts...

A local shop sells bushing and clips for Hurst shifters (like this). The bushings look very similar to the grommets in my shifter.

Would these work in my shifter linkage given the hole size is correct?

if the hole size is correct and the price is agreeable it's worth a shot.

you may just have to go the DIY route. the last one i did, i just sourced a bronze rod that was close and enlarged the center hole to make it work. the grommets i improvised with some hard rubber pieces from a workstation desk that took a bit of creative manipulation to get right.

it's not a super tight tolerance, i bet you could even make something work with a few layers of electrical shrink tube or something of that nature.

Okay, thanks for the input. I think based on this I'll just try to figure it out the DIY way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back