"A" Body Car Insurance

-

coalman

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for insurance?? Thanks a bunch!

Hagerty or Grundy for non-daily drivers. Both have good reputations...

They do both have excellent reputations, but Hagarty's premiums are about 50% higher than Grundy. I had Hagarty for about 15 years and the rates went up every year. About 5 years ago, the rates took a big jump (and I had never made a claim), and I called Grundy. For the EXACT same coverage I am paying 50% less now.

I use the same carrier as my other cars. Just insure it for an agreed upon value.

I had my Stingray insured through NCM (National Corvette Museum) and when I sold it to buy my Cuda, I had them insure it....yes - they do all kinds of muscle cars...

Great prices and great people....give Adam or Bobbie-Jo a call over there and see what they have to offer you?

Jeff

I have used Hagerty for many years on a variety of collector vehicles:cheers: Never any problems....

Dave,

I've had two claims with Hagerty over the last 16 years. They were quick to respond, paid what was fair and I didn't have to harass anyone for payment.

I've got Grundy on the duster Hagerty wanted $200.00 more for the same coverage...

I pay $416 per year for full coverage with Hagerty on my '69 Dart GTS.

Know that if you go with any classic/special car insurance they will require it be stored indoors. Right now I have liability only on my car but that's going to have to change soon...

JC Taylor on my 72 Duster

Do they let you tell them the value of your car. I'm looking for an insurance company that will let me give them an estimate of what my car is worth. I have Allstate right now but they use the "used vehicle" value which isn't very much if the car is totaled??

treblig

My insurance with Hagerty has no requirement for covering the car in any way nor does it require storage indoors. It is full coverage with liability, collision comprehensive and full value guaranteed at a set price ($30k). No restrictions on driving (where and when) with annual mileage set at 4000 miles.

Full coverage from a nationwide agent.1971 Duster 340 $118 a year for $30,000 coverage no mileage limit. No coverage at the track. Our Omni was $68 per year for $5,000. I would have to check the Card to see the co. name

I have mine insured by Hagerty [66 Cuda] 14.5k my renewal is due 239$ year with tools,parts and road side coverage. I have restrictions in miles and must be secured indoors.

Attachments

• 12088533_770628919730170_7909654802834369597_n.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 145
Just know that if you go with classic car insurance, you cannot drive it, pretty much that' it. I called a few and asked some questions, I could not even drive the car a couple times a week, some wanted me to be within sight of the car most of the time. They told me flat out they would not cover it if I took it to work and left it in a parking lot for the day, or even the grocery store, they did not like the idea that I may take it out to Sams club Saturday morning. Basically drive it to a show, pull out your lawn chair to sit there and guard it for them. All I was asking on ageed upon value was 6k. If you plan on using your car at all, ask questions. So now I'm using my policy with Progressive that I'm not happy with either.

-
Back