About to start on my 68' Dart 270

-

mailman2004

Reaction score
Within the next month I should be bringing my 1968 Dart 270 hardtop in to start the resto. I am trying to figure out how far I want to go with it. I have a doner car that I can take the rear axles and front breaks off of, also the power stearing and power breaks. I have a deadline of August 2013 because I'm getting married and she wants to leave the wedding in the dart. So I am after opinions, so should I just clean it up and get it on the road, or use the doner car and upgrade?

here are a few pics

1322195853.jpg

1322195746.jpg

1322195731.jpg

1322195292.jpg

Do you have enough wood for the winter lol.:toothy8:

Do you have enough wood for the winter lol.:toothy8:

actualy no! lol that was last fall at my dads body shop/used car lot its a old shell gas station with a 24x32 addition on the back he heats with wood it takes about 20 cord a winter

Since you wanted opinions I will give you mine. I would get it up and road worthy first then do the upgrades you want to do. I would take a stock driver over an upgraded non runner. Once it is running and stopping good then worry about the rest.

Since you wanted opinions I will give you mine. I would get it up and road worthy first then do the upgrades you want to do. I would take a stock driver over an upgraded non runner. Once it is running and stopping good then worry about the rest.

I also agree with dusted72 get it running and stopping good first

I am getting very antsy to start! I have decided that I am going to do the upgrade the brakes and axles so I can get the larger bolt pattern wheels, thusday I will be fixing the car I drive on my mail route, after that I should be able 2 make room to get the dart inside. Yay!!!!

So I STILL haven't gotten the Dart inside but getting closer, I talked 2 my sister today (she dose boat interiors) and she says she can make the seat covers and door panels if I help her for just the cost of materials :). I have one project left before I get it in the shop, and that is putting a stator in my Harley.

STILL haven't gotten the Dart inside! But the back room of the shop has been cleaned out and room was made, my dad had a big project I'm the shop (a rolled over jeep liberty) but it is ready for paint now, so going to try to get the Dart in this week, my budget for this us next to nothing but my labor is free and it mostly just needs elbow grease, the parts car (1974 Dart) is in a hunk yard that I deal with all the time and have told me to take anything I need and pay when I can.

Thats a good looking car you have. Great project and have fun.

I have been wanting to do this porject for more than 10 years, it will be fun I know, the car is real solid just a few rust spots, motor runs but needs at least one lifter, I picked a color, the bright blue that is on the ram pickups not sure what year it started or if they are still using in but I know they had it in 2009

Just my opinion but I would do whatever makes you happy! My 68 270 was made to look like a GTS which is fine with me, but leaving it stock would have also been good. It also depends on your budget as making a GTS will be more expensive then leaving it stock. Here is a picture of my car.

Attachments

• P1080985.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 75
Just my opinion but I would do whatever makes you happy! My 68 270 was made to look like a GTS which is fine with me, but leaving it stock would have also been good. It also depends on your budget as making a GTS will be more expensive then leaving it stock. Here is a picture of my car.

Your car is beautiful! This one will be a resto mod, but mostly stock, just a little modernized

Enjoy!! They are great little cars and get a lot of looks at car shows. See a lot of 69 darts around but not so may 68 darts. Nice to see you getting yours back on the raod. Make sure you post lots of pics!

-
Back