accessing the grill parking lamp/turn signal bulb

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
on 1968 Barracuda - I give up -what is the magic to this? how do I get at the bulb?

Might have to go up from underneath to get them. Haven't had to deal with an early cuda in a long time.

never mind, got it
thnx!

fwiw remove nuts from two small bolts holding the whole fixture to the grill - pull forward to find screws holding the lens cover on. wala.:thumbsup:

never mind, got it
thnx!

fwiw remove nuts from two small bolts holding the whole fixture to the grill - pull forward to find screws holding the lens cover on. wala.:thumbsup:

never mind, got it
thnx!

Gees, we get that it has to be done twice because it has a left and right side.
You didn't have to post it twice. :D

Gees, we get that it has to be done twice because it has a left and right side.
You didn't have to post it twice. :D
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That has happened to me. All of the dam pop ups, one hitting about the same time u hit post.

ok so maybe I was just happy it was the one thing I did right all day! Impressed by these lights -heavy glass, metal housing, gasket - they built the crap out of those suckers - maybe we are just so used to plastic everything today. I see they should be amber bulbs for Plymouths in '68 so glad I pulled both to clean up and replace bulbs .....

yep - just to clarify - unplug them first, then take off two nuts (3/8" IIRC) from bolts holding them on to grill, then remove whole fixture to bench where it is much easier to remove lens and get at the bulbs.

-
Back