Add 273's, 340's & 360's to the "318 Race" ?

yes, i would enter AND post a pass with...

• Total voters
-
WHOA! Double penalty for the 360!
Wonder why that would be!

Its the same penalty as now -.6

Basically under this penalty box the 318 bore is the standard. And so is the 3.31 crank.

So right now the 340 gets a -.5 Basically cause of bore crank is the same. Now a 360 is slightly under a 340 bore so it would get i would guess -.3.

So the leaves the stroke to get to the -.6 we are already at that means the stroke is worth -.3.

Thats just guesses thought could divide it -.2 block and -.4 crank.

Oh I missed your second line " wonder why that would be" imgine trying to penaltize ever gear and stall compared to its bore and stroke. Its easier to just penaltize the displacement.

Actually instead you could just do the cid like 270- 280 is already + .6 we 310-320 is zero 340-350 is -.5 and 360-370 is -.6 You'd just have to fill in the blanks every 10 cid

Last edited:
Im happy with the way things are
I hope my car can do 12.90 with 380hp create and 2.96 gears. Thats a good buy.
Well, I threw out numbers that I think will be close on the 273, 340 and 360. I'm hoping the others will chime in and let me know their thoughts. Maybe .5 isn't enough for the 340? If you bore a 318 out .030 you get docked .4, so maybe a .5 isn't enough?? After all, 318's are noth'n, and everyone is told to get a 340 or 360... maybe there should be more of a difference ?? LOL
  • Like last year, when it's all settled, I'll start a new thread with the first post being the penalty box, participants (we add as we go) and what is a "street car".

Its the same penalty as now -.6

Basically under this penalty box the 318 bore is the standard. And so is the 3.31 crank.

So right now the 340 gets a -.5 Basically cause of bore crank is the same. Now a 360 is slightly under a 340 bore so it would get i would guess -.3.

So the leaves the stroke to get to the -.6 we are already at that means the stroke is worth -.3.

Thats just guesses thought could divide it -.2 block and -.4 crank.
I'm confused..:realcrazy:.. LOL... I would rather say 2 + 2 =4. Not two separate "2's" divided into "1's" gives you 4 individual "1's" = 4...:poke: What did I just say??? LOL :D

OK, Full speed ahead.... :steering: and waiting for the 340 guyz to show up --- 1 in the polls to race, seriously ???? :poke:

Well, I threw out numbers that I think will be close on the 273, 340 and 360. I'm hoping the others will chime in and let me know their thoughts. Maybe .5 isn't enough for the 340? If you bore a 318 out .030 you get docked .4, so maybe a .5 isn't enough?? After all, 318's are noth'n, and everyone is told to get a 340 or 360... maybe there should be more of a difference ?? LOL
  • Like last year, when it's all settled, I'll start a new thread with the first post being the penalty box, participants (we add as we go) and what is a "street car".

I think your close.
The reason you said you did .4 on an over bore 318 is mainly better pistons.

Id leave as is cant be to far off.
We see
Always can fine tune it next year.

Im not doubting your picks when I said I hope I get into 12 with 2.96. They do say these create engine are capable of low 12 with good gears. So a set of 4.10 - 4.30 would get me in low 12 both with your penalty box and reality. So I think your on the right track.

I'm confused..:realcrazy:.. LOL... I would rather say 2 + 2 =4. Not two separate "2's" divided into "1's" gives you 4 individual "1's" = 4...:poke: What did I just say??? LOL :D

OK, Full speed ahead.... :steering: and waiting for the 340 guyz to show up --- 1 in the polls to race, seriously ???? :poke:

Dont worry about that it was just me thinking out loud texted lol

I think your close.
The reason you said you did .4 on an over bore 318 is mainly better pistons.

Id leave as is cant be to far off.
We see
Always can fine tune it next year.

Im not doubting your picks when I said I hope I get into 12 with 2.96. They do say these create engine are capable of low 12 with good gears. So a set of 4.10 - 4.30 would get me in low 12 both with your penalty box and reality. So I think your on the right track.
Yeah, it's just a generic box, and J par was the best example of somebody that justtttttt fell into every big deduction, but didn't take advantage in any of them! He missed his mark by like 1.3 seconds... LOL. But you know what? he gave us the most laughs last year, and that's what it was about :)

Thanks J par... :D

Why not your Dart Sport???? Enter 'em both, and your truck :D

I don't think I'll be running hard enough with the DS. I did the math last year and IIRC with all the penalties I'd have to run 11.0X to be competitive. And that's not taking anything off for the X block because I'm not going to lie about what I have.

I'd have to find the rules from last year and add it up again and see what it looks like.

I don't think I'll be running hard enough with the DS. I did the math last year and IIRC with all the penalties I'd have to run 11.0X to be competitive. And that's not taking anything off for the X block because I'm not going to lie about what I have.

I'd have to find the rules from last year and add it up again and see what it looks like.
Mock - up rules (not official yet) for this year are in Post 62. No deduction for X block. Go through it line by line, and tally it up! See what ya come up with.... can't do worse than J par last year, he came up like a 1.3 seconds short LOL.. but he was a blast to have aboard. Hope he comes back this year....

Texted out loud... LOL

Ok got the penalty thing.

What penalty for a 372, W5’s ported, headers, single plane, F.I., electric water pump, etc..... LOL

Wait! Are there body penalty points for fiberglass/lexan?

Texted out loud... LOL

Ok got the penalty thing.

What penalty for a 372, W5’s ported, headers, single plane, F.I., electric water pump, etc..... LOL

Wait! Are there body penalty points for fiberglass/lexan?
See how fun it is????? you gonna join this time???? AND YES! there is penalty for lexan/fiberglass. It's called... "ya gotta weigh your car"... LOL I'm gonna enter my '77 Ramcharger, and I'll be getting lots of E.T. givin to me in my back pocket... Weight, 4x4 (full time) full size truck, 31" tires! oh yeah.... fatty just might take the win !!!! :D

I just couldn't help myself not saying do this especially this year but you could break down based on displacement if you ever want to add more.

Since you figure a 360 is .6 quicker and 273 is .6 slower than 318, 42 cubes one way and 45 cubes the other. I gave every 7 cid cause 6 x 7 equals 42 a plus or minus .1 for every 7 cubes from a 318. And the list would be this.

Screenshot_20180105-212356.png

You would have tp drop the overbore.
And add CR ratings. And heads and cams would need to be more fleshed out.

To me the numbers kind of work for the stock low power version of these engines plus mod penalty probably add up.

I think it could be done, food for thought :)

Last edited:
I just couldn't help myself not saying do this especially this year but you could break down based on displacement if you ever want to add more.

Since you figure a 360 is .6 quicker and 273 is .6 slower than 318, 42 cubes one way and 45 cubes the other. I gave every 7 cid cause 6 x 7 equals 42. So a plus or minus .1 for every 7 cubes from a 318. And the list would be this.

View attachment 1715127504

To me the numbers kind of work for the stock low power version of these engines plus mod penalty probably add up.

Are you a Math teacher???? LOL....
I think 4 numbers is easier? 273, 318, 340, 360
Overbore? subtract your deduction :)

Probably should of been one I love math problems. They tested me in grade 4 cause they thought I was retarded cause I was a terror in class. But wrote a grade 11 math.
Not retarded just bored lol

Probably should of been one I love math problems. They tested me in grade 4 cause they thought I was retarded cause I was a terror in class. But wrote a grade 11 math.
Not retarded just bored lol
oh my...... I'll leave this to the others.... :D

I get want to keep it simple.

But I think now if people outside of the 273-360 can play along just unofficially if they want.

Say someone with a /6 bored 0.060 233 cid
Factory 2bbl (0) header (-.4) mild cam (-.4) 3.55 gears (-.5) raised cr (-.4) stock head (0) mild stall (-.4) can look at your penalty box and judge a minus 2.1

So your 15.90 baseline add 1.4 from my list and subtract 2.1 from your box. 15.20 ?

Im just saying people could play along in an unofficial way amongst themselves :)

Last edited:
I get want to keep it simple.

But I think now if people outside of the 273-360 can play along just unofficially if they want.

Say someone with a /6 bored 0.060 233 cid
Factory 2bbl (0) header (-.4) mild cam (-.4) 3.55 gears (-.5) raised cr (-.4) stock head (0) mild stall (-.4) can look at your penalty box and judge a minus 2.1

So your 15.90 baseline add 1.3 from my list add subtract 2.1 from your box. 15.10 ?

Im just saying people could play along in an unofficial way amongst themselves :)
Why pretend along???? I think most people could look in their driveway, or garage and find something that has one of these engines.... maybe? '86 Van? '99 Ram? 94 Dakota? Or..... I just gave them a reason to buy another vehicle !!!! :p
What I liked about last year was nobody had trouble figuring out what their Dial Index was supposed to be. Everyone turned in their build and Dial Index that made a pass, no questions asked about the chart. I'd like for it to be that easy always.
  • Like I've been told many times.... "remember KISS" (Keep It Simple, Stupid) :D

Im just saying you laid down a pretty good frame work here. Not saying we need to add more.

But the other guys like the /6 ers the 4 inchers and the big block guys. Could all do their own version. And if they kept the baseline a 3300 lbs 318 2bbl 15.90 A body.

They would be somewhat comparable.
Like different classes.

Just need someone to run with the ball from each. We already got non stroker small blocks.

Since you figure a 360 is .6 quicker and 273 is .6 slower than 318, 42 cubes one way and 45 cubes the other. I gave every 7 cid cause 6 x 7 equals 42 a plus or minus .1 for every 7 cubes from a 318. And the list would be this.

You know 318willwin is not the official race master of for a bodies only? (No disrespect intended of course) You can make up your own graph and thread and see if people want to race your Race too? I have a 360 Stroker and I would participate in your race, I can't participate with it in 318willwins.

I like this idea and if you incorporate it with a copy of 318 will winds(LOL) graph others could play on that chart and then we can compare the two?

You know 318willwin is not the official race master of for a bodies only? (No disrespect intended of course) You can make up your own graph and thread and see if people want to race your Race too? I have a 360 Stroker and I would participate in your race, I can't participate with it in 318willwins.
EXACTLY :thumbsup:

I'm not going to try to draw up 4 pages of penalty box for the 2.2 turbo cars, /6's, big blocks, strokers, new hemi's, pentastar V6's, small blocks, and folks that do the LS swap, I mean C'mon...! and try to make sure everyone is happy with it?

But if 273 does his race for slants and strokers, I'll fill up a whole page with formulas on how to include the LS swaps... and flat 6's of the 50's, and diesel pickups! How can we leave the Diesels out of it?
LOL... kidding 273
:rofl:

Last edited:
EXACTLY :thumbsup:

I'm not going to try to draw up 4 pages of penalty box for the 2.2 turbo cars, /6's, big blocks, strokers, new hemi's, pentastar V6's, small blocks, and folks that do the LS swap, I mean C'mon...! and try to make sure everyone is happy with it?

But if 273 does his race for slants and strokers, I'll fill up a whole page with formulas on how to include the LS swaps... and flat 6's of the 50's, and diesel pickups! How can we leave the Diesels out of it?
LOL... kidding 273
:rofl:
Yes I just finally read all of this thread. My ears should have been ringing! I noticed my name quite a few times. I can see rumblefish360 has been a lot of help to LOL

-
Back