Adding Delay Windshield Wipers

-

JGC403

Reaction score
I wanted to add the delay feature to my wipers, did some searching online and found this kit. Its on a Bronco website, but I think it would be universal and work on other vehicles. Just wondering if anyone else on here has come across this and tried this kit before on our cars.

Seems like it would be a nice way to do it since the stock switch would be retained and not adding any other switches or knobs on the dash.

Intermittent Wiper Delay Module for Stock Wiper Switch, New - Toms Bronco Parts

nice - I can see no reason that wouldn't work.. the module doesn't know what it's plugged into - cool find!

Only if the park/home switch wiring is the same for Ford Bronco as your Chrysler product. Otherwise the wipers wont stop or stop in random positions. Let us know if it works correctly.

I remember yeaes ago installing delay kits that used a dial on a dash mounted box. Bet jc whitney still carries them.

I remember yeaes ago installing delay kits that used a dial on a dash mounted box. Bet jc whitney still carries them.
Still have the one I installed in my car years ago. Plan on putting it back in when the car goes together.

What I did in my 67 wont suit everyone. I'll share it anyway... First I removed the electric washer/reservoir. Then I used a scotch lock connector to link 2 wires ( one being that brown to washer pump ) at the bulkhead. So now each push at push to wash feature of my wiper switch produces 1 complete sweep of wipers. Infinitely variable huh?
I thought I would install the foot pumped washer setup but never did. Let those parts leave here with the 68 fish when sold.

Your talkin about this:

WIPER DELAY SWITCH WITH 2-20 SECOND DELAY!!! MADE FOR UNIVERSAL FIT | eBay

I don't think JCW carries it anymore, I couldn't find it on their site.

That would work, I just don't like having something else mounted on or around the dash. The reason I posted the one I found in the first post, was everything would look factory.

mxa041-jpg.jpg

Zoom

mxa041-jpg.jpg

WINDSHIELD WIPER TIMER MODULE

Time interval (without modifications) is adjustable from 3 to 30 seconds for intermittent wiper function.

Fully Assembled Module
us-png.png
$10.00
SKU:MXA041

• Buy 5 for $9.50 each and save 5%
  • Buy 10 for $9.00 each and save 10%
  • Buy 50 for $8.50 each and save 15%

Qty:
Email to a Friend

• Enclosures
  • The pot has an ON/OFF switch incorporated and it would be possible to add a short length of wire (100 cm or aprox 36 inchs 5 wires in total) to remotely mount the control.

Chose a knob for the potentiometer here: HARDWARE <-- We include a small plastic knob with the MXA041 now.

Keep in mind that there are far to many wiring configurations for us to be able help with all installs.
Knowledge of automotive wiring is required for successful installation.
Basically this is just like a switch that goes across the low speed switch.

The easiest way to make the unit work is, locate which wire is the slow speed wipe.

Connect a lead to your positive terminal on your battery and the other end is used to probe the wiper motor wires.

Which ever one starts the slow wipe cycle is the one you are after.

Now connect the COM pin of the relay to positve of your cars supply, the NO pin goes to the wire you have just discovered.

The wipe cycle should complete a full revolution when you remove the trigger wire (your positive probe).

• I used an old door window crank nob to match my other door crank nobs, drilled it and tapped for a set screw, inserted delay unit in a lower dash gauge panel below my a/c ducts

-
Back